Mountain Project Logo

Our favorite route in the world: Suspended in Silence (v8) - Bishop, CA

Original Post
Kyle Love · · Redmond, WA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 1,653

Jake and I have climbed a lot of routes on the West Coast (and admittedly not many elsewhere) and off all the boulders in all the beautiful locations, Suspended in Silence stands out as our absolute favorite. It's massive, the movement is amazing, the landing is perfect, and the location is spectacular. If you can, go to the Pollen Grains and climb Suspended in Silence.

It broke a while back, and some people say it went from v5 to v7, but we both think it's still v5. Nothing particularly hard, just a huge dyno, and crimps up high.

Enjoy!

What do you guys say, what's your favorite route ever?

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,545

Broke twice I think. The move that is now the "dyno" broke a long time ago and then a few years ago something mid height broke.

I agree, one of the best around and takes some decent head game to top out.

Roots · · Redmond. OR · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 20

Interesting thread title...there's a big world out there waiting for you to go see it...travel wide K-Love.

Kyle Love · · Redmond, WA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 1,653
Roots wrote: Interesting thread title...there's a big world out there waiting for you to go see it...travel wide K-Love.

Oh for sure! I mean, there's no way I can climb all the routes in the world, so this is just my very-limited opinion.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Bouldering
Post a Reply to "Our favorite route in the world: Suspended in S…"