Mountain Project Logo

San Diego. Experienced/skilled climber looking for weekday partners.

Original Post
Ziggy Chalkdust · · nowhere · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 24

Hi folks,

Many of my dear SD climbing partners are busy working themselves to the bone during the week (weekend warriors? weakened worriers? definitely people with better career prospects than me), so I am looking for some fresh meat for weekday fun.

About me: In a nutshell, I'm a middle-of-the-bellcurve climber: I onsight trad 10s and I struggle up trad 11s. I like to jam/crimp/ice-climb/ski/mixed/and even sometimes grunt-my-way-up-wide (boulder 13, right longs, crucible, mother superior, ogre... yes, I'm winking at you). I began working in a climbing gym as a 13 year old, a long time ago in a different country.

I held a W-EMT for a while, worked on an ambulance for the experience (dead and dying people... cool... ugh) and got an SPI from Bob Gaines to make myself a better and safer climbing partner, and maybe do some SAR one day if I ever get the time and interest. I like to know how to be safe and effective.

I live off the 56, so woodson is a frequent haunt of mine, and I'm pleased that despite it being the end of may, our local crags aren't unbearably hot quite yet. In addition to woodson, I like el cajon quite a lot. Open to pulling on plastic.

No worries if you are a climbing gumby, we all have things we can learn from each other. I'm not pedantic about safety but being attentive and willing to learn is nice, if not a prerequisite. I have mentored people in the past, mentor people now (sort of. jt, I'm winking at you), and I'm open to doing it again... Kooks only, no locals.

Slide me a DM.

p.S This is my wifes account. I'm a dude. So don't slide me those kinda dms, or do... whatever...

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 247

You never signed the divorce papers a## hole

Noah Blanco · · New York, NY · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Messaged you. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California Partners
Post a Reply to "San Diego. Experienced/skilled climber looking…"