Mountain Project Logo

RIP Bob Dergay

canyonwrenjen Mills · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 25
tooTALLtim · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2007 · Points: 1,200

I only got to climb with Bob a handful of times, but what a character! Booming voice, huge laugh, yet he listened to you, and wanted to hear what everyone else was excited about too.

He came over a couple weeks ago and hung out with another buddy and I. We just shot the shit and chatted about life. His life was going really well as he had just landed a big contract at work, and he was still climbing a bunch.

You were a rad, excellent dude Bob, and I’m happy I got to share some time with you!
Greg Miller · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,200
Beers for Bob southern sun  5/23/19
gimpmonkey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 421
Red Rocks 2017, Bob soaking up the last of our sun that evening...
zHoltzman · · Vermont · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 5

Bob Dergay is only guy that could convince me that we should climb the Third from the lowest possible point, then down climb the standard east face. That day with Bob and ChrisT will forever be etched in my memory. That day was great, but there is more than adventures with Bob that hold weight in my memory. His laugh and his infectious stoke could change your day. When Neptune was going through all the bullshit, Bob would stop by or send me a message we should grab a beer. Thanks man for the Flatiron beta, adventures, laughs, beers, SoBo shenanigans, and you being you. You have all said it, yet I am going to say it again.  "Dooooods, you got this!"

Bob, you are the most soulful climber I have ever encountered. May you rest in peace dude.

RYAN NELSON · · Golden · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 240

Does anyone have any info on a remembrance/ services etc?

Greg Miller · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,200
RYAN NELSON wrote: Does anyone have any info on a remembrance/ services etc?

Nothing has been solidified; I'll be sure to pass on info here as soon as i hear anything. It will take some coordinating to get family/out of town/state friends together. Most likely in the coming weeks.

Thumper ... · · Lawton, Ok · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 306

Damn this guy was loved. Amazing, RIP brother.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Memorial
Post a Reply to "RIP Bob Dergay "