Mountain Project Logo

August Alpine Rock in PNW and nearby areas

Original Post
Katherine Delia · · Anchorage, AK · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

HI,

I'm an experienced alpine rock climber looking for potential partners for August of this year. I'll be driving down from AK in the last week of July and have obligations in WA state on August 3 and August 9-10 but otherwise don't have specific plans. I'll need to head back to AK sometime in the end of August or early September. Last year I took a similar trip and climbed in Bugaboo and Rogers Pass in BC and Sawtooth Range in Idaho, as well as some cragging in Squamish and at Smith Rock.

I'm hesitant to commit to specific routes or even areas at this time as we did a ton of adjusting last year due to major wildfires all over the west- any potential partner would have to be willing to travel and adjust plans as much as a full state away if weather or fires require it. I'm hoping to find someone with alpine experience that will already be in the area and might be willing to meet up for an objective or two.

I have experience leading alpine rock climbs through 5.9, have been leading some 5.10 trad in the past 1.5 years and would be comfortable swapping leads at that grade- though much of what I'm interested in is pretty moderate. Specific routes/area that I would like to visit:

Enchantments (no I don't have permits, would be doing long day or camping outside the core)
North Cascades
Wind River Range, specifically Wolf's Head
Eastern Sierras/Tuolumne, specifically Matthes Crest
potentially Bugaboo again, specifically Beckey/Chouinard route

I could probably be convinced to check something else out as well. I have visited and climbed in all of the areas that I listed above.

Get in touch if you might be in the area at that time and have the skills and flexibility that could match mine for this trip.

Thanks for reading! Happy climbing!

Katherine

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest Partners
Post a Reply to "August Alpine Rock in PNW and nearby areas"