Mountain Project Logo

FS: Evolv Oracle Size 12(fits size 42.5-43.5) - Like New - $125 shipped

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Will B · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 10

Also available for pickup near Denver. Selling a pair of Evolv Oracles that have been worn outside on two steep sport routes.  For various reasons, they just aren't the right shoe for me.  Will send in original packaging/box, I pay shipping via PayPal.

For comparison, I wear a size 42 in LS Solutions and Katanas, 11.5 in street shoes.  I size my climbing shoes to be tight but not painful.  

Can send pictures if interested.

Thanks

Andy Eiter · · Madison, WI · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 126

Dang, that's a crazy fit. I wear 9.5 street shoes and 42.5-43 climbing shoes.

Evolv is much different than other brands.  LS and Scarpa size their lasts before they are downturned.  In other words they form the bottom of their shoes to the corresponding length spec while they are flat, and then the bottom is aggressively downturned which shortens it's length significantly.  

Evolv on the other hand attempts to make their shoes fit "true to size".  So if you wear size 11's, you "should" be in 11's in Evolvs.  In my experience it doesn't work that way but it's much closer than LS (where I wear a 44.5 euro street shoe, and 42 Solution).

And in case you're talking about how I fit my own shoes, I have super low volume and very flat feet so there's a lot more room in the shoe for me to downsize compared to someone with chunky Bigfoot-style feet.  In addition, I need the shoe to do a lot of the work since my feet are so long and flat - I need the top of the shoe to be super tight for me to be able to put any power through my toes.

Cole Metzger · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0

So Evolv sizing is made for your street shoe. I own the oracles, Agros, and have tried on the defy.  They adjust for the type of shoe, and the climbing style that accompanies it.

They fit true to size across the board.  My street shoe is a 10.5 and all my shoes fit as they should.  

Different feet = different fit.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "FS: Evolv Oracle Size 12(fits size 42.5-43.5) -…"