Mountain Project Logo

Knot exam paper... test your current knowledge!

Jim Titt · · Germany · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 490
Mark Gommers wrote: per Mr Titt:Am I?
I think you are struggling to contain your malice.
Why even bother to use your electronic device to post such trivia?
I mean - it is trivia isn't it?

Every time I see a post from you I laugh.
I think to myself... " Hmmm, what is that challenged man up to now? I wonder what further malice he can bring to the table?"

Malice? Don't overrate your importance. It's just entertainment while I do my tax papers, watching you bullshit your way deeper into the hole you are digging. Personally I wouldn't have wanted a thread like this attatched to my business but clearly that was your intention in the first place. The truism "there' s such thing as no bad publicity" only holds true to a certain extent. Everything you have written in the internet for ever and irrevocably connected to your business for anyone interested in finding out who they do business with. And clearly you have a great deal to learn about moderation, particularly on climbing websites.

Mark E Dixon · · Sprezzatura, Someday · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 664

I don’t know about anybody else, but my feelings are hurt 

Ska ggs · · New Haven · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 60

I've been hooked, this troll is 8/10 ... its great... well done. I applaud the effort.

(unsubscribed)

Joe Crawford · · June Lake, California · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 50

Re: bolting exam. Are Powers, Hilti, Simpson, et al reliable sources for information on the use and installation of their products or or they merely defacto disseminators of information as a result of their manufacturing activities and a strong aversion to litigation?

Dan Daugherty · · Virginia Beach, VA · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 5

Can this thread just be locked already? It's become obvious the intent of the OP to argue everything, even when he contradicts himself in the process. If anyone wants to continue having similar conversations, you can call me and argue with my 4yo autistic kid.

Jim Titt · · Germany · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 490
Joe Crawford wrote: Re: bolting exam. Are Powers, Hilti, Simpson, et al reliable sources for information on the use and installation of their products or or they merely defacto disseminators of information as a result of their manufacturing activities and a strong aversion to litigation?

Well normally they are quite reliable BUT in Europe (the laws may be different in the USA and Australia) the only people who can train anchor installers are the manufacturers (of the anchor) or their agents so a generalised course is irrelevant.

rgold · · Poughkeepsie, NY · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 526
Jim Titt wrote:

Well normally they are quite reliable BUT in Europe (the laws may be different in the USA and Australia) the only people who can train anchor installers are the manufacturers (of the anchor) or their agents so a generalised course is irrelevant.

Back here in the Gunks, the Preserve Rangers went through just such a course under the auspices of Petzl.  But we're the total wild west here in general; the idea that anchor installers need "training" is itself a novelty.  If you've got a battery powered drill, poof! you're a "developer."

Clyde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 10

Does anyone have the current password for the large files? "Thankyou" no longer works.

Mark Gommers · · Townsville, Queensland · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

Per Mr Titt:

Malice? Don't overrate your importance. It's just entertainment while I do my tax papers, watching you bullshit your way deeper into the hole you are digging.
Jim - I know that you are trying to trivialize your replies - but the real truth behind your typed words is malice actuated by professional jealousy. You perceive me as a threat.

Personally I wouldn't have wanted a thread like this attatched to my business but clearly that was your intention in the first place.
Again, the truth is that at each opportunity you felt you had - you seized upon it - as you did with this post that i am now replying to in kind.

As for "attached to my business" - again - those that aren't reading challenged (or only looking at the last few posts and then impulsively replying) will be able to detect the malice behind your posts.
Its plain and obvious.
And it doesn't concern me at all Jim as, like you, it is just entertainment while I write a technical paper on the 'normalization of deviance'.
Notice how I always quote you in my replies?  This is to leave an evidence trail.

The truism "there' s such thing as no bad publicity" only holds true to a certain extent. Everything you have written in the internet for ever and irrevocably connected to your business for anyone interested in finding out who they do business with.
This may be true Jim - but, the records are quite self-evident I'm afraid.
All of your posts carry the underlying theme of malice - born out of professional jealousy.
You are simply using this forum as a vehicle - to further your malice.

Again - you will note that i am always careful to quote you...so that there is an evidence trail demonstrating your underlying malice.

And clearly you have a great deal to learn about moderation, particularly on climbing websites.
Jim - the day you die is the day you stop learning.
What it does show is that those snipers who have felt compelled to take pot shots - are merely 'background radiation'.
Your posts are a different matter - because they are born out of malice actuated by professional jealousy.

By the way - how did you go with the anchor exam paper?
If you have downloaded it - I'll delete it.

per Ska ggs:

I've been hooked, this troll is 8/10 ... its great... well done. I applaud the effort.

(unsubscribed)
Thanks Ska... by the way, are you referring to yourself?
Mark E Dixon · · Sprezzatura, Someday · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 664

RUN FOR THE HILLS BOYS

There’s an evidence trail!

PWZ · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0
Mark Gommers wrote:
Your posts are a different matter - because they are born out of malice actuated by professional jealousy.

Professional jealousy about a bunch of knots, numbers, and minutae that doesn't matter to 99% of the audience you're attempting to foist them upon to satisfy your ego as a knot enthusiast?

Yeah. #Malificent
x15x15 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 220
Mark Gommers wrote: .

Interestingly, I'm getting 'tons' of people who are requesting access to PACI intellectual property (via private communications).
I'll make sure that you never get access.

I call BS! Tons???!!!  LOL... must you use hyperbole when you only get one!?!

Clyde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 10

Since Mark is afraid of having his work examined and will no longer share, anyone who has copies of the files, please email me the PDFs. I just would like file 1.Knots, 2.Bowline analysis, and 5.Knot exam.

Aidan Raviv · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 95
per Park Moggers wrote:Jim - the real truth behind your typed words is malice actuated by professional jealousy. You perceive me as a threat.

Jim probably has the grace and good sense not to say this, so I'll say what everyone is thinking: hahahaha.

Hmmm, where were we?
Just catching up on the latest round of insults :)

Ok lets see:

per Clyde:

Since Mark is afraid of having his work examined and will no longer share,
Hello Clyde, this appears to be framed as a statement of fact.
Which words typed on an electronic device leads you to arrive at this conclusion?
Just to set the facts straight - my technical papers are still available for download. There is an application process which is fairly straightforward.
However, the public domain papers are always one or two steps behind the paid private members documents.
I try to update the public domain (ie in the internet space) papers about 4 times a year...

and this:
anyone who has copies of the files, please email me the PDFs. I just would like file 1.Knots, 2.Bowline analysis, and 5.Knot exam.
That would be copyright infringement.
It would be no different to downloading movies or music and then illegally sharing it.
Just curious, do you believe that I am entitled to protect years of hard work - or is that forbidden?

Lets see now.. who else is still slinging insults?

Ahh yes - of course - its Aidan!
Jim probably has the grace and good sense not to say this, so I'll say what everyone is thinking: hahahaha 
Hello Aidan, are you reading challenged?
If you go back and read all of Mr Titt's posts - it is plain and obvious that they are underpinned by malice (with the possible exception of the first one or two).
Can you not see that?
Furthermore, I reply in kind to people who choose to sling insults (like you are doing).
See? I'm replying to your insult right now!
Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,931

New drinking game - take a shot every time MG says "malice".

Ahh yes... Mr Gunkiemike I presume :)

Here is a little knot quiz to spice up your drinking game!

Aidan Raviv · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 95
Gunkiemike wrote: New drinking game - take a shot every time MG says "malice".

Shot for "reading challenged"

Shot of beer for any references to keyboards or typing

Sip of beer for every time he says a sentence that could start with "akschualllly"

Finish your beer each time he contradicts himself or uses a word he doesn't understand

Sound fair? 

Been busy...just catching up with latest round of insults....
Now - where were we again??
Ahh yes: Aidan and Gunkiemike! How are you both? All good?
Here are some knot quizzes for you both to ponder over...

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.