Mountain Project Logo

Its fucking ridiculous that you cannot post comments on a route from the app


Original Post
Ian F · · Pennsylvania · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1,756

This would not be a hard feature to implement and would benefit the entire community. Tree down on the route? Leave a comment. Bolt rusted so bad it could crumble? Leave a comment? Hollow death flake you need to pull on the get through the crux? Leave a comment.

There is no reason that you should have to wait to be in service, then go to the website, then find the route again, just to leave a comment.

Noah R · · VT · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0
Ian F wrote: 
There is no reason that you should have to wait to be in service, then go to the website, then find the route again, just to leave a comment.

Brah you just said there is no reason you should have to wait for service? Damn they have better weed in Pennsylvania than I thought. 

How exactly would you comment without service???
TaylorP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0
Noah R wrote:

Brah you just said there is no reason you should have to wait for service? Damn they have better weed in Pennsylvania than I thought. 

How exactly would you comment without service???

You already have the routes/areas downloaded. Maybe it saves the comment until service is available?

crag cat · · San Diego · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 15

I disagree, If any information is that important the person can pull up safari on their phone and make a comment there. Having comments that easy to put up on a route will cause it to be filled with too much un-important information. If it is to cultured with information, people wont see the important condition info.

Ian F · · Pennsylvania · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1,756

You could leave a comment on the route and have it roll out to update as soon as you are back in service. Similar to how you can "send" a text without service but it will remind idle until its able to send. Regardless of having service or not there should be a comment feature. Also PA just got medical so....

Ian F · · Pennsylvania · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1,756

Crag cat are you really arguing against having up to date information on a route? There is a "temporary" condition category that gets deleted in 90 days. I mean all the more power to you if you want to know nothing going into a climb just seems pretty stupid.

Noah R · · VT · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0
Ian F wrote: PA just got medical so....

That's cute, recreational up here bby. 

All trolling aside I do think you should be able to comment from the app
master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 197
Ian F wrote: This would not be a hard feature to implement and would benefit the entire community. Tree down on the route? Leave a comment. Bolt rusted so bad it could crumble? Leave a comment? Hollow death flake you need to pull on the get through the crux? Leave a comment.

There is no reason that you should have to wait to be in service, then go to the website, then find the route again, just to leave a comment.

or you know, you could just use that web browser on your phone? 

Ian F · · Pennsylvania · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1,756

Gumby you could actually take the time to read the post you quoted, and notice this is in the "app feedback" category. Theres already enabled ticking and rating a route when out of service so clearly the feature is implementable. 

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 197
Ian F wrote: Gumby you could actually take the time to read the post you quoted. Theres already enabled ticking and rating a route when out of service so clearly the feature is implementable.

*Master Gumby

Ian F · · Pennsylvania · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1,756

Hardly

Daniel Kaye · · Boston, ma · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 3,339

I think this would be a cool feature to have.

I don't think it's "fucking ridiculous" that's it's not yet included.

I think it's "fucking ridiculous" to use this attitude towards the fine people designing and developing Mountain Project. I mean come on man that's like breaking rule number one.

I don't think it's that much more difficult to use the web version on your phone to comment.

However, I would second the admins/developers looking into adding this.

crag cat · · San Diego · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 15

Well this thread is slipping fast, comments on the app would be cool, yes. However the over clutter of information on a route is also a problem, (ie a million comments saying "great route" or "sandbagged"). It is not easy to sort through all that to find what is important. If it's important and people need to know then it's important enough to open a different app on your phone.

I think it's "fucking ridiculous" to use this attitude towards the fine people designing and developing Mountain Project. I mean come on man that's like breaking rule number one.
+1
Ian F · · Pennsylvania · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1,756

Probably right Daniel, I suppose I could use a general attitude adjustment and a touch less caffeine. It just seems to me to be an obvious missing feature, so it almost seems deliberate. It probably isn't. 

Bill Kirby · · San Francisco CA · Joined Jul 2012 · Points: 480

MUST HAVE UP TO MINUTE BETA!

CAN’T SEND WITHOUT!

 

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0

I feel like everybody on this thread so far drives a Jetta.
You too Bill. 

Ian F · · Pennsylvania · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 1,756

Crag cat, I guess that being so close to JTree and Yosemite you have different experiences with comments on MP routes. Most of the places in PA are lucky to have more than 2 or 3 opinions on them, let alone any comments on conditions within the last 5 years. Ocassionally the high traffic areas and routes do but that's an exception to the norm.

Luke Bertelsen · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Feb 2005 · Points: 4,017

classy thread title here.  your parents did a great job.

Jeffrey K · · Seattle, WA · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

I think it's fucking ridiculous that I can't downvote this guy.

Derek Field · · California · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 4,382

Maybe having to wait until you get home is a healthy amount of time to ponder whether your comment is worth posting for everyone to see.

Otherwise we'd see too many melodramatic comments like, "This route is fucking ridiculous!" just because you typed it in the heat of the moment without untying and calming down first.

Forthright · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2011 · Points: 110

Ian you should change your name to "Entitled PA climber" rather than "Reformed Potty Mouth Since Luke B. Is So Sensitive"

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Its fucking ridiculous that you cannot post com…"

Log In to Reply