Mountain Project Logo

Help me toprope Alex Honnald Route on El Captain!

Big B · · Sin City, NV · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 1
Leliko Mana wrote: Hilarious. OP as well as the answers. I went to see Alex Honnold at PG Sunnyvale the last night - it was a COMPLETE ZOO. I almost turned around and left immediately but after driving for 50 minutes on 101 I decided to stick around for a bit. I have met him twice already so I guess that's why I wasn't as motivated as other 1000+ people there. I still love Alex though :) but Oscars has definitely upped his popularity.

As for the OP's seriousness of asking this question... don't know to laugh or cry. But let the kid dream, people! If someone told me just 6 years ago that I'd ever climb in a gym let alone at Yosemite, I'd die laughing. And look at me now, I did Snake Dike last Saturday and lived to tell the tale! And if I was OP's age, I'd just take off and go and live in the Valley for the good chunk of a year... ahh...

you drove for 50 minutes to see honnlove?!?

Nate Doyle · · Sierra Foothills · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 39
Big B wrote:

you drove for 50 minutes to see honnlove?!?

I drove 60 minutes to see FreeSolo on the big screen (a small screen in an old theatre, actually) and Alex was there doing Q&A. It was in his "home town." Honestly, seeing him was a tiny bonus for me but, mostly went for the movie; it's not like we'd sit down and shoot this shit for hours on end. Anyway, for some of us 50 minutes is nothing. There are so many crags near me I can't even remember them all. And by near me I mean 60 minutes from me, or more. The gym is 60 minutes away too. Driving 50 minutes or more is par for the course for some of us.

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 172
Nate Doyle wrote:

I drove 60 minutes to see FreeSolo on the big screen (a small screen in an old theatre, actually) and Alex was there doing Q&A. It was in his "home town." Honestly, seeing him was a tiny bonus for me but, mostly went for the movie; it's not like we'd sit down and shoot this shit for hours on end. Anyway, for some of us 50 minutes is nothing. There are so many crags near me I can't even remember them all. And by near me I mean 60 minutes from me, or more. The gym is 60 minutes away too. Driving 50 minutes or more is par for the course for some of us.

were you flying half mast when you saw him? NAWAMEAN??

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Help me toprope Alex Honnald Route on El Captain!"