Mountain Project Logo

Red River Gorge Climbing Challenges

Original Post
Cole T · · Cincinnati, OH · Joined May 2012 · Points: 466

Anyone have a random but fun challenge day for the red river gorge? Like climb the three main towers (Tower Rock, Jewel Pinnacle, and Minis Tirith) in a day while biking between or something of the sort? Or climb a 5.10 at every wall in PMRP. Looking for some fun (like type 2 fun) ideas for the season. If you've timed your challenge post em up!

Paddy O'Hulk · · Lexington, KY · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 40

Hey Cole! On my birthday last year we tried to do 25 trad pitches sunrise to sunset. We failed miserably, but below was our tick list.

I’m always down for some type 2 fun. Shoot me a message if you want and maybe we can link up on something cool. 

Sawyer W · · Van · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0
Paddy O'Hulk wrote: Hey Cole! On my birthday last year we tried to do 25 trad pitches sunrise to sunset. We failed miserably, but below was our tick list.

I’m always down for some type 2 fun. Shoot me a message if you want and maybe we can link up on something cool.

That’s a solid list. If you had to choose the best 5 what would they be?

pat a · · ann arbor, mi · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Of those, Stick 9, Arachnid, Africa, Caver's Route, Whiteout and DAB are all must-do.  Shining is fantastic, but it should be twice as long.

Sawyer W · · Van · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0
pat a wrote: Of those, Stick 9, Arachnid, Africa, Caver's Route, Whiteout and DAB are all must-do.  Shining is fantastic, but it should be twice as long.

Ah, The Shining. A classic RRG troulder problem

Alex Mitchell · · Phoenix, AZ · Joined May 2012 · Points: 2,367
Paddy O'Hulk wrote: Hey Cole! On my birthday last year we tried to do 25 trad pitches sunrise to sunset. We failed miserably, but below was our tick list.

That list is at least 3 hours of hiking! Wall of Denial is a fairly long (although flat) hike.

Matt Thomsen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 192

When did Creature Feature become a trad climb? I would remove some of those areas and add Pebble Beach, and Long Wall. Rock wars and Autumn are way better then most of those climbs on that list. But, that it a big day for sure!

Cole T · · Cincinnati, OH · Joined May 2012 · Points: 466

Any other challenge ideas out there?

Mark Paulson · · Raleigh, NC · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 141

Bibliothek L to R in a day.

Matt Thomsen · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 192

Bedtime for Bonzo
Jewel Pinnacle
Foxfire
Cavers Route
Never More
Five classic multi pitch routes at five different areas. Cut out never more if you want to keep under 5.7. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Red River Gorge Climbing Challenges"