Mountain Project Logo

Fall from 2nd Flatiron [video; somewhat disturbing]

Kyle Walker · · Houston, TX · Joined 13 days ago · Points: 0
Tara Nichols wrote:

I initially was giving the benefit of the doubt as well, but after reading all 20 pages of the back and forth from all parties, I didn't feel like anyone was attacking or policing out of line, and instead he came back with some extremely immature, inflammatory, and unnecessary responses... maybe you didn't see that?  But that's just my takeaway.

Jeeze Louise Tara, did you get any fresh air today? First of all you seem like you’re the age someone might trick you into buying a reverse mortgage. You’d think I’d have fallen on a pregnant woman and started a forest fire with your reaction. 

You’ve obviously never been in a hospital with half the right side of your body fractured and awoken to a bunch of -new friends- you never met, who have never met you, calling you a piece of shit. Saying you fell on purpose, and are leeching off the community dime -despite working your ass off for the Cigna that’s about to turn into $750.00/month Cobra- and that’s just to name a few.It did hurt initially, and I didn’t hold back. But now i read these forums before I take my walks and thanks to your ignorant ass I may hit a half mile today lol.I love haters, and I love ignorant old ones more. They make me want to get better so much faster. People like you are my fuel. I know what I did was insanely dumb, and I know I lacked any and all experience needed. I had no clue, and you can see that very clearly around second 46 on the video I posted. These ass hats still get hot about how I thought it was a 5.13 lol.To say that I didn’t learn my lesson is nuts lol. You’ve obviously never come close to death. If you had as many fractures as me you’d probably still be in bed rest, hooked on oxytocin. I’ve been off Tramadol 48 hrs and I’m still truckin, moving in every way that I can. Type me another one Sensitive Sharon, give me some more motivation, maybe I’ll walk a mile tomorrow.
Fritz :-) wrote:

Book I:

"Sing, O Muse, the wrath of Kyllies son of Tradiban,
that brought countless ills upon the MPaeans.
Many a brave soul-oer did it send hurrying down the Flatirons
and many a GoPro did it yield pray to crag dogs and vultures
for so were the counsels of Burch fulfilled from the day
on which the son of FrankPS, king of men, and great Kyllies
first fell out with one another."

Book XXII:

"And so you too, noble son of Tradiban
beloved of grandmothers, did say unto Burch
"Why, son of Hellanor, do you, who are but man
Give chase to me, who am immortal?
Have you not yet found out that it is a Youtube god
 whom you pursue so furiously? You did not harass the Trojans
pleasure-studded and ribbed for maximum sensation,
and now they are within their walls, while you have trolled hither
Me you cannot kill, for death can take no hold upon me."

This made me tear up a little. I just took alll my favorite MP posts off the fridge and replaced them with this one.

Mark Pilate · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 10
Danny Gilbert wrote:

.... I guess I thought he was just listing out badass solo climbers....

Well then let’s toss out a few more Dead and Alive names.....

Derek Hersey, and Alex Huber.  

And for the record, there’s no disagreement on your post.  Even Kyle understands that he didn’t understand, that’s what’s not understood by many who so want him to understand the obvious, which obviously makes him take a stand against all those who apparently stand against him.....understood?
Tara Nichols · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0
Kyle Walker wrote:

Jeeze Louise Tara, did you get any fresh air today? First of all you seem like you’re the age someone might trick you into buying a reverse mortgage. You’d think I’d have fallen on a pregnant woman and started a forest fire with your reaction. 

You’ve obviously never been in a hospital with half the right side of your body fractured and awoken to a bunch of -new friends- you never met, who have never met you, calling you a piece of shit. Saying you fell on purpose, and are leeching off the community dime -despite working your ass off for the Cigna that’s about to turn into $750.00/month Cobra- and that’s just to name a few.It did hurt initially, and I didn’t hold back. But now i read these forums before I take my walks and thanks to your ignorant ass I may hit a half mile today lol.I love haters, and I love ignorant old ones more. They make me want to get better so much faster. People like you are my fuel. To say that I didn’t learn my lesson is nuts lol. You’ve obviously never come close to death. If you had as many fractures as me you’d probably still be in bed rest, hooked on oxytocin. I’ve been off Tramadol 48 hrs and I’m still truckin, moving in every way that I can. Type me another one Sensitive Sharon, give me some more motivation, maybe I’ll walk a mile tomorrow.

Just merely suggesting that replying out of emotion the way you did fueled the fire and was a bit out of line in my opinion, and it didn't help your case.  You said some sick things that maybe in hindsight you'd think were unnecessary too.  Nothing wrong with healthy and productive communication, and it usually goes better for both sides when there's not vulgar language and name calling exchanged.  Have a good one, I'm happy to hear you're able to walk around and get moving again, that's always good for the healing process.

BillS · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 0

Whacked out narc risk takers are all the same, it's just a matter of degree.  Assigning some higher reason to their actions is a joke.  Kyle is just a weak player and got knocked out in the first round.  Eventually they all either quit or die young.

BillS wrote: Whacked out narc risk takers are all the same.  Assigning some higher reasoning to their actions is a naive joke.  Kyle is just a weak player and got knocked out in the first round.  Eventually they all either quit or die young.

I’m a whacked out narc bc I took acid and some shrooms on NYE and ran 13 miles the next day to get rid of my hangover? Lol. You sound like a cop Bill. Or jealous. Its been 2 months since i even hit a joint. I’ll be back soon brotha, im nowhere near knocked out. 

Definitely will think before I send it next time tho. 
Tara Nichols wrote:

Just merely suggesting that replying out of emotion the way you did fueled the fire and was a bit out of line in my opinion, and it didn't help your case.  You said some sick things that maybe in hindsight you'd think were unnecessary too.  Nothing wrong with healthy and productive communication, and it usually goes better for both sides when there's not vulgar language and name calling exchanged.  Have a good one, I'm happy to hear you're able to walk around and get moving again, that's always good for the healing process.

Oh jeebus I forgot speech is violence now. Im sorry my words that you chose to read buttered your biscuits lol.

Tony B · · Around Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 23,285
Tara Nichols wrote:

calm down a notch

The joke told in counseling circles goes something like this:
There are precisely 2 words that invariably have the opposite effect as what is intended:
"Calm Down."
Chad Miller · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 150

Dear god Kyle, you’re acting like a tool. 

Reformed Troll · · Western US · Joined Jan 2019 · Points: 0
Kyle Walker wrote:

You’ve obviously never been in a hospital with half the right side of your body fractured and awoken to a bunch of -new friends- you never met, who have never met you, calling you a piece of shit. Saying you fell on purpose, and are leeching off the community dime -despite working your ass off for the Cigna that’s about to turn into $750.00/month Cobra- and that’s just to name a few.It did hurt initially, and I didn’t hold back. But now i read these forums before I take my walks and thanks to your ignorant ass I may hit a half mile today lol.I love haters, and I love ignorant old ones more. They make me want to get better so much faster. People like you are my fuel. I know what I did was insanely dumb, and I know I lacked any and all experience needed. I had no clue, and you can see that very clearly around second 46 on the video I posted. These ass hats still get hot about how I thought it was a 5.13 lol.To say that I didn’t learn my lesson is nuts lol. You’ve obviously never come close to death. If you had as many fractures as me you’d probably still be in bed rest, hooked on oxytocin. I’ve been off Tramadol 48 hrs and I’m still truckin, moving in every way that I can. Type me another one Sensitive Sharon, give me some more motivation, maybe I’ll walk a mile tomorrow.

Old Me: LOL Braj you're calling someone else sensitive?!  Have you seen the word salad you're laying down on some of these responses?  Clearly, CLEARLY, none of this is bothering you.  LOL!

New Me:  Hello again Kyle, thanks for checking in.  That's great news that you're already backing off the pain meds.  I hope you can hang in there.  I'm not upset about the nature of your responses here, because I know that you're dealing with a lot of pain in your life.  Even greater than the anguish and distress from this fall, is the damage you've inflicted upon yourself and those around you by riding a BMX bike around urban areas while over the age of 13.  This is a pit lower than most will ever experience, and we support you in your recovery.  I know it's hard, but you're going to get through it and come out a better person on the other side.  All the best to you and yours, including the homeless gentleman you saw receive the gift of a knife.
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 210

I’m liking this schtick.  It illustrates that you are aware of socially appropriate behaviors but are deliberately choosing to ignore them under the guise of reflection.

I dub thee the Meta Troll.

bruno-cx · · my sprinter · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 5

You are famous now, the story got picked up by climbing magazine.
https://www.climbing.com/news/the-fallen-soloist/

MP Team · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 27 days ago · Points: 0

Phew, 21 pages..... 'twas quite a run, but we're going to lock the thread at this point since it really isn't adding to the climbing community anymore.

Kyle, we're stoked you're recovering well and on the path to getting back outdoors. Climb safe.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Fall from 2nd Flatiron [video; somewhat disturb…"

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.