Mountain Project Logo

Tom Randall & Pete Whitaker Onsight Kill Artist

5.Seven Kevin · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

This goat fetish thing is starting to turn me on more than Kyle Walker....

John Barritt · · The 405 · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 1,084
5.Seven Kevin wrote: This goat fetish thing is starting to turn me on more than Kyle Walker....

Goat sauna..........

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 1,107
highaltitudeflatulentexpulsion wrote: Fair enough. I’ve always been in the anti PSP camp....

i seem to recall a time that you were pretty entrenched in the pro-PSP camp.... :)

Dallin Carey · · Missoula · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 157
Fritz :-) wrote: 
The PSP acolytes and haters both need to get some perspective and remember the words of our own SPrice a couple years ago.

This right here...he wrote the greatest thing I have ever read on this site. 

Anyone happen to know how he's doing? Haven't heard from him in a while.
The Raven · · SoCo · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 0
Fritz :-) wrote: So I’ve had my fair share of being salty at PSP for inviting me to do routes and then bailing, but at the end of the day it comes down to this:

She’s a real person and deserves the same respect we should afford to anyone. Downgrading her routes and danger ratings is perfectly acceptable when done with civility as Tom and Pete did. Downgrading her routes with a slurry of gutter-level invective and ad hominems, and casting unsupported public aspersions upon her character and veracity, is poor form.

The PSP acolytes and haters both need to get some perspective and remember the words of our own SPrice a couple years ago.

We named this baby gote after PSP because they both have a great deal of heart and audacity. (Shantigote immediately learned how to squeeze through the fence and make a break for the wild alfalfa in our fields). Soon she will move to the mountains and begin her new life as a “pack” gote.

I hope you get outside and have a great day, everyone.

"Pack" gote : )
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air · · Portland, OR · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 70
Dallin Carey wrote:

Last I checked, his account was abandoned.

Dallin Carey wrote:

It would be nice to know. 2 years ago I met him in a bar in PS. He has a climbing tattoo on his arm so I struck up a conversation. Turned me on to a great builder for my house. Wanted to climb with him but he was pretty beat down at the time with chemo. Local climbers call him the Godfather of Piedra. Sad to see he is no longer on MP. Hoping for good news if anyone knows anything.

Fritz :-) · · The Western Slope · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 430
Dallin Carey wrote:

Steve and I correspond via email, and he's going to be on the podcast this fall. He and his wife and 2row are currently living on a boat in the Pacific. He says the stars at night are beyond description. They're having a great time, sounds like. 

Fritz :-) · · The Western Slope · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 430

I can't find his original thread, but the quote was "Be kind, because every person is fighting a battle you know nothing about." Or something to that effect; OLH probably has it verbatim.

If you haven't read his trip report of soloing Ellingwood Ledges after receiving his diagnosis, it's an excellent piece of writing.

Noah R · · VT · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0
Fritz :-) wrote: I can't find his original thread, but the quote was "Be kind, because every person is fighting a battle you know nothing about." Or something to that effect; OLH probably has it verbatim.

If you haven't read his trip report of soloing Ellingwood Ledges after receiving his diagnosis, it's an excellent piece of writing.

Best thing to come out of this thread was that short story. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Fritz. Good to hear he is still getting after it.
We hiked up to check out his last route "Be Kind" in the fall of 2018.
Don't know how he did the OW pitch. 90 feet of serious grunt. Especially at 11,000 ft.

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,476
Fritz :-) wrote:

Steve and I correspond via email, and he's going to be on the podcast this fall. He and his wife and 2row are currently living on a boat in the Atlantic. He says the stars at night are beyond description. They're having a great time, sounds like. 

Holy shit, that's awesome! Some caver friends of mine are buying a nice sloop in Europe, no doubt to sail in that part of the world. Glad to hear Steve is living the dream. I know we enjoy poking fun at Hellanor, but she and Ryan are living aboard a sailboat for a good part of the year on the west coast with a lot of scuba diving included, which is really cool. I think finally she found something to put her time into. Ha ha. 

Just received a text from the contractor who built our house. He is a good friend of Steve's. As of last week they are somewhere between Easter Island and Hawaii. Yellow dot. Talk about getting away from it all...

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 903
Top Raven wrote: Just received a text from the contractor who built our house. He is a good friend of Steve's. As of last week they are somewhere between Easter Island and Hawaii. Yellow dot. Talk about getting away from it all...

Isn't that visual great? I loved getting that recently!

Steve and I have got an odd and very lovely friendship going, considering we may never meet face to face.....I love him hugely, and some others I've not met on here also. I will be working to change that and meeting more of you people!

"Be Kind", I put in the in progress route base, quite awhile back, as a placemarker. Great to hear it exists! I've got a climb to get to there.... someday. 

Here's the Be Kind thread Fritz mentioned:
https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113509375/everyone-you-meet

I hafta search it up everytime, to get the quote right, so I at least remember "everyone you meet".

Best, Helen
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Tom Randall & Pete Whitaker Onsight Kill Artist"