Mountain Project Logo

Tips and climbing partners. Trip to Cali

Original Post
Dana HellBlau · · ITALY but travelling · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hi everyone. I am from Italy and I would like to plan a trip to California at the beginning of june (still don't know exactly, it depends on flights and availability). I will be alone with a rent car visiting a few areas from Yosemite, South Lake Tahoe, Bishop, to Joshua Tree and then back to Los Angeles. As I love to climb I was wondering if it's quite easy to find someone to climb with it, or even some info about the climbing areas there. I would like to spend a few days climbing, especially bouldering and sport climb but open to easy multipitch routes. I am a good belayer. I will probably have only my harness and shoes with me because I will travel with a small luggage. Level : 5.10b / c.
I will be there for 12_13 days more or less. Thank you.
Loredana

Ben Williams · · van · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 35

I'll be in yosemite during that time. Feel free to hit me up... 

Dana HellBlau · · ITALY but travelling · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

Hi Ben Perfect!  I will write to you :) thank you.

plantmandan · · Brighton, CO · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 50

If you go to Joshua Tree, please read about the desert weather and pack a LOT of water. It will be hot there in June. It's still definitely worth visiting. Just climb in the shade early or late in the day.

You should be excited about your trip. California is one of the most beautiful places on earth. 

Gabriele Benvenuto · · Orange County · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 30

Ciao Loredana, io abito vicino a Los Angeles, e vado molto spesso a Joshua Tree.  E vero che fara caldo a giugno, ma e possible arrampicare nell'ombra...  mandami un messaggio quando vieni e cerco di andare con te

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Tips and climbing partners. Trip to Cali"