Mountain Project Logo

B/S/T Review/Feedback System NEEDED

Original Post
David Pagel · · Milwaukee · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 175

This is a recent issue because of this thread

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/116738555/scammer-alert-buyer-beware-lucas-simmons?page=3#ForumMessage-116758318

But I think some kind of review or feedback system like pbnation.com or other b/s/t forums have is LONG overdue to protect and promote a healthy gear sale community. All my dealing with the community is great but there will always be the bad apples out there looking to scam the system. I just ask to put in place something to protect the majority of people looking to sell/buy/trade gear. 

Anyone even monitoring this sub-forum

Erik Werner · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2007 · Points: 280

Hey David,
We're definitely monitoring the sub-forums. 'B/S/T feedback' features are part of a larger ongoing internal discussion regarding feedback options (e.g., partner finder, etc). It's not that adding the feature is crazy hard, but it does open up multiple cans of worms that need to be well thought out ahead of time. e.g., if someone leaves bad feedback for User XYZ, and said user writes us to take the feedback down because {add in any reason}, how are we to proceed? How can we remain a neutral party?

Make no mistake, it definitely saddens us to hear of folks getting scammed and we're looking at how to positively affect the situation.

I appreciate feedback. And I agree! There definitely has to be some kind of review or rebuttal process that someone who truly didn’t deserve a negative review can get it taken off their account. I respect that takes (I would assume) someone to be the gate keeper to filter through the just and unjust negative reviews. I just think something over nothing would be able to help out the community.

A more simple solution could be a report system. For instance with this “Lucas Simmons” case that I opened the thread for, it would allow the multiple people who got scammed to report him. Then just look into individual accounts who get multiple reports. I would presume that 97% of the community is positive and not looking to scam anyone. But there will always be outliers 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "B/S/T Review/Feedback System NEEDED"