Mountain Project Logo

Solo dirt bag. Can't find any partners where to go

Original Post
Joseph Gleiter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

I just bought a little van put a bed in it and headed from Minnesota to the The Needles in South Dakota. It seems pretty dead here as far as a dirt bag community goes.

I also just bought a trad rack (I wamt to learn trad). Ive only sport climbed.  im looking for a dirtbag community.  I have a bit I'd money saved up and can go anywhere.  Where should I go

Tan B · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 15

Go west. CO, NV, CA should do.

Jon Frisby · · midwest/west circuit (Indiana) · Joined Feb 2013 · Points: 120

a lot of full time traveling climbers are on some sort of circuit through the west and SW. the key is to start at bigger climbing scenes until  you build up a network. then it's easier to get someone to less-traveled areas. good areas now are Joes, Vegas, Indian Creek and the Red, summer is Rifle, Lander, Ten Sleep, Squamish,

David Ebel · · Guelph, ON · Joined May 2018 · Points: 0

I had really good luck with partners in red rocks,  jtree and potrero over the winter if that helps?

Corey Flynn · · USA · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 150

You’re too late https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.climbing.com/.amp/news/the-wright-stuff-dirtbagging-is-dead/

Ironically SoIll currently has plans to release a “dirtbag” you can purchase

Albert B · · Burlington, VT · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 10
Jon Frisby wrote: a lot of full time traveling climbers are on some sort of circuit through the west and SW. the key is to start at bigger climbing scenes until  you build up a network. then it's easier to get someone to less-traveled areas. good areas now are Joes, Vegas, Indian Creek and the Red, summer is Rifle, Lander, Ten Sleep, Squamish,

Link

Mike Womack · · Sherman Oaks, CA · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 1,684

Aim for popular climbing destinations (J-tree, Yosemite, RR, Moab) where you can meet people/get trad experience and then go wherever is in good season and you're sure to find partners.  I've had good luck posting on the partner finder on MP.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Solo dirt bag. Can't find any partners where t…"