Mountain Project Logo

FS: Huge rack of used cams (BD C4's and Aliens)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
OhYeah Cane · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 0

I have the following rack for sale ($1000.00 plus shipping). 22 Cams and biners!

Not trying to piece it out.  Black Diamond C4's and Camalots

-(Two) #3
-(Three) #2, #1, #.75, #.5 and #.4
-(One) #.3

Aliens

-(One) Orange (equivalent to BD .75)
-(One) Red (equivalent to BD .5)
-(Two) Yellow (equivalent to BD .4)

Thanks!

Mike

Perfect for the Creek!

Timoth G · · Keene, NH · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 666

How much for the aliens? Text me at 603-852-4493 with more details.  Thanks

Matthew Carpenter · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 413

Wow... I guess the cost of antiques are more than new now days.

Max R · · Bend · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 292

No way in fooking hell you’re getting $1k

matt carpenter wrote: Wow... I guess the cost of antiques are more than new now days.

Ha!  Good one.  Really the Aliens are where it is at in this rack.  These are the Pre recall CCH Aliens that sell on ebay for about 150 a pop.  They are way better than the new Fixe version and obviously better than the post recall Aliens....  They are hard to come by AND these antiques are worth more than new ones.  ;)

J Roatch · · Leavenworth, WA · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 162

Maybe $850 is a better starting price, just going by what those cams with carabiners often go for on here.

Noah R · · Burlington, VT · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0
Andrew Rice · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 11
OhYeah Cane wrote:

Ha!  Good one.  Really the Aliens are where it is at in this rack.  These are the Pre recall CCH Aliens that sell on ebay for about 150 a pop.  They are way better than the new Fixe version and obviously better than the post recall Aliens....  They are hard to come by AND these antiques are worth more than new ones.  ;)

So, can we work out a deal where you take out all $600 worth of those 4 aliens and sell the rest to me for $400? That's actually about what they're worth. 

Micah Ted · · Durango · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 120

PMed about the .4 and .3 c4s

ClimbingOn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 0
OhYeah Cane wrote:

You can’t be serious. If so, I have a large number of pre-recall CCH aliens that I will sell you for $75 each. You’ll double your money in no time!

Choss Wrangler · · Elkview, WV · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 65

Awful price and they are probably riddled with micro fractures. 

Andrew Poet · · Central AZ · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 161

If anyone is looking for $70 aliens send me a PM...

I have offsets and regulars and shipping is included if you buy 2 or more.

Señor Arroz wrote:

So, can we work out a deal where you take out all $600 worth of those 4 aliens and sell the rest to me for $400? That's actually about what they're worth. 

I would probably sell you the other cams for $500... AND I would include this beauty!  It may have been whipped on, popped and then one of the lobes caught in the crack and stopped my fall, but whatever...

OhYeah Cane wrote:

I would probably sell you the other cams for $500... AND I would include this beauty!  It may have been whipped on, popped and then one of the lobes caught in the crack and stopped my fall, but whatever...

I wouldn't want to take your lucky cam away. 

Logan Peterson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 196

Dear Mr. Cane,
Your path forks at this point.
You can either drop your price and fade into vague memory, or you can stick to your guns and join Ted in the Canon of MP holdouts.
Before you give in to the desire for a quick sale, consider the lonely masses who need something worthwhile to post about.

Lyle M · · New Haven, Ct · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 586

What are the sling dates?

Logan Peterson wrote: Dear Mr. Cane,
Your path forks at this point.
You can either drop your price and fade into vague memory, or you can stick to your guns and join Ted in the Canon of MP holdouts.
Before you give in to the desire for a quick sale, consider the lonely masses who need something worthwhile to post about.

LOL!  Thanks Logan!  I was actually beginning to enjoy all this heckling!  Do you think I should raise the price to $1500.00?

Logan Peterson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 196
OhYeah Cane wrote:

LOL!  Thanks Logan!  I was actually beginning to enjoy all this heckling!  Do you think I should raise the price to $1500.00?

Yes. I once mistakenly posted a pair of Stonelands for more than the clearance price, and got pounced on by a couple of....I guess you might call them activists. A glorious tussle ensued. Ended up raising the price to $2500. Good times.

Logan Peterson wrote:

Yes. I once mistakenly posted a pair of Stonelands for more than the clearance price, and got pounced on by a couple of....I guess you might call them activists. A glorious tussle ensued. Ended up raising the price to $2500. Good times.

And we're still drinking off the excess money you earned after raising the price to that!

What if I threw in another set of C4's (.3 to 3)?  Would it be worth $1000 then?  I have too many cams!!!  The Camalots and C4's are all in good condition.  Turns out two of the Aliens need some work!  One has a frayed trigger wire, gunna fix it tomorrow and the other has some damage to the metal trigger sheath.  I am not sure that can be fixed.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started