Mountain Project Logo

FS: Large Misty Mountain Cadillac Harness

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Jonathan Keller · · Fresh Meadows, NY · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

The harness was too big for me. I tried it on in store, where it for well, but once weighed down with my rack, it was too loose for me. Only used it twice, so looks new.Due to being weight bearing, couldn't exchange it. $50Located in NYC, or can ship, buyer pays cost. 
Aidan Raviv · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 95

This looks like the non quick adjust version. Is that right?

Aidan Raviv wrote: This looks like the non quick adjust version. Is that right?

Yes, it's the non-quick adjust version. 

Dave Rosenberg · · Durango, CO · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 0

My waist is 32", would this work for me? It looks like 32" is where the medium and large sizes overlap. 

Drew Nevius · · Broken Arrow, OK · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 2,426
Dave Rosenberg wrote: My waist is 32", would this work for me? It looks like 32" is where the medium and large sizes overlap. 

Yes. I’m a 32” waist and I tried on a friend’s medium and the padding didn’t quite protect me from the waist buckles. I bought a Large and have been really happy with the fit

Dave Rosenberg wrote: My waist is 32", would this work for me? It looks like 32" is where the medium and large sizes overlap. 

I think it depends on your preference. I'm a bigger waist, and I didn't like fit with a Gunks double rack hanging off it, and went down to a medium. 

Large has about 2” extra on each side that I could cinch it tighter (4” total). And I should correct what I said earlier. In a Medium, the padding barely covered the waist buckles, but not the buckles on the leg loops. Both photos below are from when I tried on a Medium

In my large, the padding covers 3 of the 4 gray bartacks on each side. If I remember correctly, the booklet that came with the harness recommends that there shouldn’t be more than maybe 3-4” of gap in the middle between the two pieces of padding. Just commenting to help you know that a large could work for you, but I guess some like Jonathan prefer a medium for their 32” waist. I say this after having worn an older Petzl Sama in a Medium almost as tight as it would go and having a perfect fit.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started.