Mountain Project Logo

Draws stolen of China Doll

Corey Flynn · · USA · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 150

Bt dubs, this is my thread, you trolls just live under the bridge

Marc H · · Longmont, CO · Joined May 2007 · Points: 250

It's a well researched and proven fact that people who provide a phone number in their OP and also leave draws hanging love to get unsolicited dick pics sent to them.

Do your best MP!

Brother Numsie · · AnCapistan · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 880

How is China Doll still a name so close to the epicenter of Perpetual Wokeness anyway? 

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 113

I saw a Crag Kitty on Sunday! Seemed to be living the Kitty Adventure dream.

. Mobes · · MDI · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 865
Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote: I saw a Crag Kitty on Sunday! Seemed to be living the Kitty Adventure dream.

Uh what?

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 113
. Mobes wrote:

Uh what?

Like a Baws with paws:

Greg Miller · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 1,070
Caleb Schwarz · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 125
  1. Stealing someone's stuff is not chill. 
  2. It's pretty lazy to leave the draws, just clean them up.
  3. Anyone who leaves even a single shiny biner uncovered in their car in Boulder should expect their window to be smashed when they get back. That's simply the state of things. If I left my wallet and cell phone on a bench in the center of a tourist trap destination in Europe overnight, I definitely wouldn't expect it to still be there the next day, no matter how shitty it is for someone to steal it. Know that if you do leave gear for whatever reason, it will likely not be there the next day. Expect the worst, hope for the best.
My biggest question is something some of you have already addressed somewhat...
I know it's annoying to have someone else's draws there, but leaving draws hanging doesn't seem "condemnable" like stealing someone's draws would be. Stupid for sure, but not like a terrible violation of ethics. Those who are hating on people who leave draws, do you just bring up your annoyance with having to climb a route with pre-hanging draws to add more to your list of grievances, or do you truly hate it that much?
Em Cos · · Boulder, CO · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 5
Brother Numsie wrote: How is China Doll still a name so close to the epicenter of Perpetual Wokeness anyway? 

Why, what's the story behind the name? 

Cortney LeNeave · · Golden, CO · Joined May 2015 · Points: 6
Brother Numsie wrote: How is China Doll still a name so close to the epicenter of Perpetual Wokeness anyway? 

Because as it turns out, it's just a bullshit parade...

MisterSir · · Back of my truck · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 260
Justin Winger wrote:

It doesnt matter if I am or someone else is. The fact that they have no right since they dont own dream canyon is the point. Even the pro's out here remove their draws when they are done for the day. But hey cause he climbs 14's hes special in your opinion I guess.

You're kidding right?!

Tim Stich · · Colorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2001 · Points: 1,476

We have totally overlooked another reason for the removal of quickdraws from hard routes. Other climber's feelings may have been hurt when they look up and see that someone is projecting a route they can't do.

Your project draws are a slap in their face.

Shame on you!

Project Draws = Toxic Masculinity or White Privilege?

rofl white people problems.

the schmuck · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 115
Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote: Project Draws = Toxic Masculinity or White Privilege?

Why it is both. Unless it's a woman...then it would be toxic femininity. 

Yawn....China Doll is a song by the Dead (as in the Grateful Dead, not that ‘Your body is a wonderland’ BS they’re trying to pass off now), specifically a Garcia/Hunter number. It actually refers to a doll made of china. Whoooooaaaaa.  you guys are boring

Also is it ironic that I started this thread while on a trip to Joes Valley? I be chasin those double digits while you nerds be callin the ethics police

Caleb Schwarz · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 125
Corey Flynn wrote:you nerds

Ouch

Caleb Schwarz wrote:

Ouch

Ha sorry dawg I get carried away sometimes

Also if any of you guys climb in eldo on the weekends and enjoy talking in person I tend to stop by my friends (not the friend who left the draws) at the Anarchist Tea Collective on Sunday mornings for a free cup and conversation on my way into the canyon. Located in scenic Eldorado Springs Colorado on your way to the kiosk at 267 Eldorado Springs dr. Free coffee, tea, snacks every Sunday morning from 7-11 am

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Draws stolen of China Doll"