Mountain Project Logo

Arc’teryx Procline AR Carbon Ski Boots 26/26.5 $400 OBO

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Matthew Koenig · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2013 · Points: 260

I’m selling a pair of Arc’teryx Procline AR Carbon ski boots that are size 26/26.5 for $425 shipped (PayPal preferred). I’m selling them because they are simply the wrong size, which unfortunately for me I found out after a single resort lap and thus could not return them. They have been worn for less than 30 minutes and are essentially brand new.
After getting the appropriate size and getting about 10 days on them, I have found these boots to be amazing. They are light, but ski well above their weight class. The ankle flexion is superb and they hike and climb ice incredibly well for a ski boot, especially one that skis like they do. They’ll make a solid boot for your upcoming spring skiing objectives.

Thanks,
Matthew

Ben Johnson · · Mill Valley, CA · Joined May 2018 · Points: 8

Bump for great boots!

Bump

Price Drop

Bump

Bump

Bump

Nick Votto · · CO, CT, IT · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

What's with the 26-26.5 sizing?  What size street shoe are you??  
Thanks

Nick,

My largest foot messages a US 9.5/Mondo 27.5. Arc’teryx sizes their shoes (like their clothes) to be true to size for the given activity, so I should not have downsized. This boot should fit anyone with a mid to narrow foot that is in the US 8 to 8.5 range. For reference the boot sole length (BSL) is 285.
Arc’teryx like most manufacturers are just trying to cut costs with the combined sizing, as the molds for each size shell are very expensive. Almost all manufactures use the combine sizing as a half size difference is small (5mm) and can be accounted for with boot punches and/or different socks/liners, often times more precisely. Other manufacturers, split their sizing differently. For example, the half size and the next whole size up share the same shell (i.e. 26.5/27). Some manufacturers make slightly different liners for the inbetween shell sizes, but often this only alters the fit out of the box and lessens as the liners pack out.

Hope that helps,
Matthew

Nick Votto · · CO, CT, IT · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 320

Thanks for the details Matthew, too small for me.  Odd sizing, generally in Scarpa/ Sportiva etc I'm a 26.5 and my street shoe is a 9.5..

Bump

Bump

Justin G88 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 230

Pm sent 

Bump

Ben Johnson · · Mill Valley, CA · Joined May 2018 · Points: 8

Bump

Bump