Mountain Project Logo

Suggestion climbing partners

Original Post
Madi Ross · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

So I've been mostly lucky finding climbing partners through online forums. However, I was talking to someone (who I met through MP) and, before me, he was not so lucky.

Could/would mountain project be willing to add to people's profiles a section where you can leave references for partners? Like honesty on ability and/or a rating on "felt safe." Thus preventing people who over estimate and over sell their ability keeping everyone safer

For those who know couch surfer there's a similar concept. You rate the person on whether or not you would stay with them again, leave a written reference, along with chosing some qualities that best describe the person allowing people to make more informed decisions.

Would love to hear what y'all think. Thanks! 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,610
Madi Ross wrote: So I've been mostly lucky finding climbing partners through online forums. However, I was talking to someone (who I met through MP) and, before me, he was not so lucky.

Could/would mountain project be willing to add to people's profiles a section where you can leave references for partners? Like honesty on ability and/or a rating on "felt safe." Thus preventing people who over estimate and over sell their ability keeping everyone safer

For those who know couch surfer there's a similar concept. You rate the person on whether or not you would stay with them again, leave a written reference, along with chosing some qualities that best describe the person allowing people to make more informed decisions.

Would love to hear what y'all think. Thanks! 

This has been debated already. Chaos ensued.

Ian Machen · · Fredericksburg, VA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 35

I'm all for it. Having had a bad experience before, it would help to see what other people say about a potential partner. I think the potential weeding out of bad partners far outweighs the potential abuse of the system.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Suggestion climbing partners "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started