Mountain Project Logo

Somebody Stole My Cam! Can't Believe it.

Jordan Pitts · · kansas (the abyss) · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 195
Robert S wrote:

Did you seriously believe the OP?

does it really matter if I did?  oh man my ego is totally fucked now, I got trolled boo, hoo. thanks for letting me know robert.

lou · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 60

Chad Chad Chad......ethics and climbing.... whaaaaaaa.... never has been there ......  bunch of dirtbags....

If that is your worst nightmare..... you're if for a world of hurt.....

Mine is no cold beer and a fattie around the campfire....

Luc-514 · · Montreal, QC · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 9,489

If they were project cams, the ethics vary depending on your area, I suggest using quicklinks with blue loctite to tie them up.

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Nodin deSaillan wrote: I'm sorry. That really sucks. Do you have renters insurance? If so, you may be able to make a claim for stolen property. It would be worth pursuing. I would also canvas the neighborhood to see if perhaps anyone saw anything suspicious and  if there were any other break-ins. Depending on your neighborhood, there may be homes with porch cams or other surveillance which may assist as well. Good luck.

Did you seriously believe the OP?

Allen Sanderson · · Oootah · Joined Jul 2007 · Points: 1,187

The cams were never yours, you were merely the initial caretaker. And given that after only three days use, you left the cams out in a cold dark car overnight it was time for someone else to become their caretaker. Rest assured your cams will be well taken care of by another.

SeƱor Arroz · · LA, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10

Did they poop in your back seat, too?

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0
FrankPS wrote:

Thanks, Briggs. You bring up some important points. I don't want my cams taken from me by CPS (Cam Protective Services).  Sometimes, I go in the bar for "just one drink," with my cams locked in the car. I thoughtlessly and neglectfully end up leaving them there for hours. Then when I come back, the cams have sun-induced microfractures. I want to be a better cam-parent.

If you want to be a better cam-parent you need to buy my program. Its a 4 part series that I have on sale for 80% right now. Pm me for more info but dont miss out. Time is ticking.

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0
Adrienne DiRosario wrote:

Don’t be like the cam parent who tried to free his children of rust using lemon juice. That’s a death penalty crime. 

Well BD will help you cover your tracks in most cases. Send them in, tell them what happened(go to manuel, tell him The Wolf sent you) they'll send you brand new cams, and make sure the other ones dont talk. Then you wont have to worry at that point. Youre safe

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Briggs Lazalde wrote:

If you want to be a better cam-parent you need to buy my program. Its a 4 part series that I have on sale for 80% right now. Pm me for more info but dont miss out. Time is ticking.

Sounds great, Briggs, Do I get free Ginsu knives with the purchase? I'm going to load some money into my PayPal account right now. Wait for me.

Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 113

Dirtbag ninja ur cams.

Cool story bro.

See Climber Legal Code Chapter One: How not to Gumby.

Robert S · · Driftwood, TX · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 229
Jordan Pitts wrote:

does it really matter if I did?  oh man my ego is totally fucked now, I got trolled boo, hoo. thanks for letting me know robert.

You're welcome!

JFM · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,768

Similar thing happened to me. Security cameras from the Walgreens across the street caught grainy footage of a pack of babies and dogs breaking into my car. They also ate a sandwich out of my pack.

Colonel Mustard · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2005 · Points: 1,186

It’s alright everybody, word is they have a team of detectives on the case.

I wouldn’t hold out much hope for the Credence though.
Max H · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 40

Did you park at the base of Mescalito? 

Mike D · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 844
Señor Arroz wrote: Did they poop in your back seat, too?

If not, that rules out my cat as a suspect. 
Jaren Watson · · Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 2,409

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275
Jaren Watson wrote:

That was pretty funny, Jaren. I hadn't even heard of that movie..

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Somebody Stole My Cam! Can't Believe it."