Mountain Project Logo

madrock angler quickdraws

Original Post
Nikola Markov · · Palo Alto, CA · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Hi, I just noticed that after only two years of production madrock has removed the angler quickdraws from production. They are still sold here and there. I still have a set of these draws. Once we had a case of rope coming undone with these draws. We blamed it on user neglect but now that production is stopped so quickly I wonder if it is for a reason and if it is wise to continue climbing on these draws. Any comment would be appreciated.

Justin S · · Plattsburgh, NY · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 120

Not to sure on the stop in production, but I wouldn’t count them out if there’s a recall. My mad rock Concorde draws we the nicest light draws I’ve owned. Even after the dog bones got beat the bikers went into some slings for my go to alpine set. For how light they are they are a work horse.

aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 300

I bought half a dozen of Angler as my beat-up draws for less than $10 each, but I found them surprisingly nice to use for the price. I don't think there are any safety concerns with them, however, there is one drawback to the design of the rope-end (wiregate) biner that may become an annoyance further down the road: the protrusion on the spine and gate hinge are to make clipping easier, but they also prevent the removal of the sling/dogbone with any sort of rubber retainer. So I think if I ever want to replace the sling/dogbone, I'll have to cut off the rubber retainer, and there won't be any easy way to put a sling/dogbone with rubber retainer back on. This will leave the rope-end biner free to flip around and such.

Nikola Markov · · Palo Alto, CA · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks for your replies. I guess I will keep using mine for a while.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "madrock angler quickdraws"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started