Mountain Project Logo

Trump is at it again!

Original Post
Nate Doyle · · Sierra Foothills · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 39
Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 210

What does this have to do with Trump?

Jim Fox · · Westminster, CO · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 50

Looks like good news but what did Trump have to do with this?

cragmantoo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 175
Brian ~+~+~+ · · Oceanside · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 0

Congress passed the Natural Resources Management Act. It's in the headline, sub-head and first sentence of the article.

Where does it say Trump?
Is he trying to take credit fot this, or are you trying to just give him credit for something Congress actually passed?

Should I keep asking questions? 

Attentive Follower · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0

"The bill now awaits the signature of the President, who has indicated that it will pass."

Guess that's what OP was excited about?

B Jolley · · Utah · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 172

̶T̶̶r̶̶u̶̶m̶̶p̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶g̶̶a̶̶i̶̶n̶̶!̶   Congress finally did something.

Bohn Jarritt · · The 405 · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 1,084
Ted Pinson wrote: What does this have to do with Trump?

He's said he's going to sign the first piece of legislation in US history to protect climbing and fixed pro......

Let that sink in a minute....
O · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 65
John Barritt wrote:

He's said he's going to sign the first piece of legislation in US history to protect climbing and fixed pro......

Let that sink in a minute....

Trump could save climbing and people would still bitch. 

Not everything the guy does is bad and people need to start seeing that on both sides of the polticalSpectrum. 
Ryan M Moore · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 35

4d chess man, the Wall, this bill... No one ever saw it coming, he’s gonna challenge Warren to a climbing comp on Indian land and blow her away on the micro crimpers...

Robert S · · Driftwood, TX · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 365

His whisperers told him about big, beautiful, steel-bolted walls and he got all wet and gibbering and promised to sign it.

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

President Trump signed this bill into effect. So the narrative that "Evil Trump hates the environment" isn't true in this case.

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 227

mention trump on MP --> thread straight to 10 pages.

Nice

jdejace · · New England · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 5

Chump will acquiesce to signing a bill with ~90% support from both houses. What choice does he have? 

Attentive Follower · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0
grog m wrote: President Trump signed this bill into effect. So the narrative that "Evil Trump hates the environment" isn't true in this case.

It passed both houses with enough votes to override a veto. So the narrative "Trump's signature made no difference" is true in this case.

jdejace wrote: Chump will acquiesce to signing a bill with ~90% support from both houses. What choice does he have? 

Doubt he even reads it.

m Mobes · · MDI, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 905
cragmantoo wrote:

Doubt he even reads it.

Most of the politicians don't read the bills either, this is how they sneak a bunch of BS in. We only need to look back to the defense bill that both parties passed that included giving away one of our climbing areas , Oak Flats/queen creek to foreign mining companies. Those mining companies donated heavily to both parties.

. Mobes wrote:

Most of the politicians don't read the bills either, this is how they sneak a bunch of BS in. We only need to look back to the defense bill that both parties passed that included giving away one of our climbing areas , Oak Flats/queen creek to foreign mining companies. Those mining companies donated heavily to both parties.

Yeah. Not meant pro or con. Just acknowledging that it probably will get signed without much thought or review. And yes, happens a lot

Not going to give Trump credit for "saving climbing" but not going to say he did a bad thing, either (at least in this instance)
Hobo Greg · · My Van · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 200
jdejace wrote: Chump will acquiesce to signing a bill with ~90% support from both houses. What choice does he have? 

The same choice he had when presented with a bipartisan option to end the shutdown...

On that note, all the rage against Trump over the shutdown? I *guarantee* he would have caught equally as much shit if he wanted the parks to close during the shutdown. Obama caught hell for doing just that in 2013. Sometimes you really just cant win.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Community Forum
Post a Reply to "Trump is at it again!"