Mountain Project Logo

Wet rock. Red rock local here


Original Post
Dsrt Dweller · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0

I can climb outside whenever I want. It has been over a month since I have climbed on sandstone because it has been wet. I could have climbed a few days this week maybe. Other than that it has been too wet. Every day someone is one here looking for partners. Get a Clue people and look at the weather before u come here and clog up our gyms. No-one gets to climb wet sandstone. Just stay home please

m Mobes · · MDI, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 905
Dsrt Dweller wrote: I can climb outside whenever I want. It has been over a month since I have climbed on sandstone because it has been wet. I could have climbed a few days this week maybe. Other than that it has been too wet. Every day someone is one here looking for partners. Get a Clue people and look at the weather before u come here and clog up our gyms. No-one gets to climb wet sandstone. Just stay home please

But where else are east coasters gonna get drunk, eat at buffets, gamble all their money away, hire a prostitute and go back to the room and smoke weed?

Rob warden The space lizard · · Now...where? · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 0

Pahrump?

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
. Mobes wrote:

But where else are east coasters gonna get drunk, eat at buffets, gamble all their money away, hire a prostitute and go back to the room and smoke weed?

Can’t smoke weed in your room in 99% of the hotels. And prostitution is illegal in Clark County. 

m Mobes · · MDI, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 905
Marc801 C wrote:

Can’t smoke weed in your room in 99% of the hotels. And prostitution is illegal in Clark County. 

I sure can Marc!

If the ratings weren't so gym like soft there you guys might have less tourists. 
mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
Marc801 C wrote:

Can’t smoke weed in your room in 99% of the hotels. And prostitution is illegal in Clark County. 

I’m starting to think you’re the most clever troll on MP.

Josh Lipko · · Charlotte · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 10

Lol are you getting upset because people are traveling across the country to RR, not climbing outside after it rains, and going to the gym instead?  You think they're not going to come after buying plane tickets and booking a place to stay months in advance?  

I'll be out there in about a week and you can be certain that I will be "clogging up your gym" during/after a storm.

m Mobes · · MDI, ME · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 905

Are there slot machines and ashtrays in the lobby for some entertainment between burns? Lap dances?

Dsrt Dweller · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0

Cheapest flights in the country to vegas. If u are buying flights months out to come to vegas u are not doing it right. Cu in the gym

simplyput . · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 60

Mmm. Dessert. I like dessert, especially buttery shortbread. Can you explain how I too might become a dessert dweller? 

R. Moran · · Moab , UT · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 140

I heard you can’t even climb in the gym when it rains in Vegas. 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,510

Wet rock gestapo!

Wet rock can be climbed, just pull down not out. Duh.

Bill Lundeen · · Lee Vining, CA · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 115

I understood that people climb sandstone intentionally after a heavy, soaking rain.  Thought that's how new routes were made....?  Like Made To Be Broken in Zion???

Rob warden The space lizard · · Now...where? · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 0
Bill Lundeen wrote: I understood that people climb sandstone intentionally after a heavy, soaking rain.  Thought that's how new routes were made....?  Like Made To Be Broken in Zion???

Even though... i know you are fucking with me... knock it off

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65

What to do when it rains in Red Rock:

http://www.ladylockoff.com/so-it-rained

R. Moran · · Moab , UT · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 140

Pretty soon you won’t be allowed to think about climbing on cloudy days! I propose we ban climbing in Red Rock from the 1st week of September to the last week of May Yearly. 

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
R. Moran wrote: Pretty soon you won’t be allowed to think about climbing on cloudy days! I propose we ban climbing in Red Rock from the 1st week of September to the last week of May Yearly. 

Why do you and others think this is a joking matter?

R. Moran · · Moab , UT · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 140

I’m serious. Why do you think I’m using the sarcasm font? I lived in Vegas for 12 years and watched many routes change and forever have their character altered or just flat out destroyed. It wouldn’t bother me at all if they closed it. It’s being loved to death. I climbed there when it was a cattle guard at the front of the loop and it was 2 way traffic through the 1st three pullouts. Now when I go out there the whole thing makes me a bit sick. It’s a big deal me but I doubt the genie is going back in the bottle. 

Karl Walters · · Oakland, CA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 20

Well worth the read: instagram.com/p/BukNHeMAWDz/

Andrew Yasso · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Sep 2012 · Points: 215
R. Moran wrote: I’m serious. Why do you think I’m using the sarcasm font? I lived in Vegas for 12 years and watched many routes change and forever have their character altered or just flat out destroyed. It wouldn’t bother me at all if they closed it. It’s being loved to death. I climbed there when it was a cattle guard at the front of the loop and it was 2 way traffic through the 1st three pullouts. Now when I go out there the whole thing makes me a bit sick. It’s a big deal me but I doubt the genie is going back in the bottle. 

Genuinely interested - can you name two routes that have been "flat out destroyed"?

EJN · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2012 · Points: 203

If you need proof of saturation weakening sandstone, go step on the edges of some crossbedding in the calico hills or walking around in Zion after a rainstorm. They break super easily, far more easily than if dry.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Nevada
Post a Reply to "Wet rock. Red rock local here"

Log In to Reply