Mountain Project Logo

Santa Cruz Lead Indoor/Outdoor Climbing Partner

Original Post
Paul R · · Santa Cruz, CA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

I'm in search of a consistent partner to try hard with in the gym (Pacific Edge) in the lead area to build my fitness back up for some harder single pitch climbs I'm looking at. I'm also looking for anyone interested in getting out to the Valley/Tuolumne/High Sierras when it's a little warmer to translate those single pitch skills to longer routes (I can list a few to see if our tick lists overlap).

I'm looking for someone roughly similar in ability. Sport climbing I can usually climb easy 5.12s (within a couple burns), trad climbing 5.10s, and bouldering maxes out at V7/8. My goal is to bring my trad climbing grade up to my sport climbing grade.

Gear-wise, I have a rope, rack, draws, aid gear, portaledge + fly, hauling gear, and basic snow travel stuff. I'm looking to put that portaledge to the test this season on long routes too! Reach out if anything I said here interests you, we can talk further about each of our skills climbing and safety-wise and your goals too. If you just want to try hard on ropes in the gym together that's okay too!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California Partners
Post a Reply to "Santa Cruz Lead Indoor/Outdoor Climbing Partner"