Mountain Project Logo

Runner kills lion


Original Post
CO Climber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2018 · Points: 0
Don Ferris III · · Eldorado Springs · Joined Nov 2012 · Points: 175

Strangling a 10 pound house cat would be an ordeal I might not survive. 

Jaren Watson · · Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 2,395

Seriously, Don. Considering how strong tiny cats are, it’s amazing to think someone could choke out a cougar.

John Barritt · · OKC · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 1,084
Jaren Watson wrote: Seriously, Don. Considering how strong tiny cats are, it’s amazing to think someone could choke out a cougar.

It's easier after you bash their head half-in with a rock first....... ;)

Ron O · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0
Jaren Watson wrote: Seriously, Don. Considering how strong tiny cats are, it’s amazing to think someone could choke out a cougar.

Some pussies are far stronger than others,...

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 275

A year or two ago, our local news reported that a guy choked and killed a mountain lion while protecting his son. It turned out to be a hoax and the news outlet was rightly embarrassed.

You're not going to be able to choke out a mountain lion unless it is half-dead already (like when its head has been bashed in, first)

caesar.salad · · earth · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 75

so metal

Jaren Watson · · Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 2,395
Ron O wrote:

Some pussies are far stronger than others,...

Thank you.

Ryan Pfleger · · North Lake Tahoe, CA · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 15

My opinion: if a mountain lion doesn't kill you immediately, my money is on the human in a cage match to the death. Of course not all humans are created equal. Nor are all mountain lions.

Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 5


True men don’t kill coyotes. Or mountain lions.  
George Beilstein · · San Francisco, Ca · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0
Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 130

Well they omitted it was a cub (if what Outside magazine reported is true). I had to google what’s the size difference is and it’s significant, this cub 20-60lb, grown mountain lion 110-180lb. Still, pretty badass even if it was a cub ( I have cats and wouldn’t  wanna mess with them, freaking claws like razor blades)

Jim Turner · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 320

The news said it weighed 80 lbs.

mountainhick · · Black Hawk, CO · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 120
Live Perched wrote:


True men don’t kill coyotes. Or mountain lions.  


I think you really missed the point. No brave lies down when attacked.




HughC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 10
Fehim Hasecic wrote: Well they omitted it was a cub (if what Outside magazine reported is true). I had to google what’s the size difference is and it’s significant, this cub 20-60lb, grown mountain lion 110-180lb. Still, pretty badass even if it was a cub ( I have cats and wouldn’t  wanna mess with them, freaking claws like razor blades)

Rangers said the cat was 80 lbs according to the Coloradan.  I believe "juvenile" was the word used.  Cubs don't hunt.  They usually aren't on their own until 12 - 18 months - almost full grown typically by that point.  This aint Boulder fella, we raise real mountain men here in the Fort!

Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 5
mountainhick wrote:


I think you really missed the point. No brave lies down when attacked.





Live Perched · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 5

But if you see me getting mighty 

(oops...not sure why these two last posts did not come through as one post.)

Cory F · · San Francisco, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 25

I wonder if he had to kill it 9 times?

Colonel Mustard · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2005 · Points: 1,186
FrankPS wrote:You're not going to be able to choke out a mountain lion unless it is half-dead already (like when its head has been bashed in, first)

He used a rock first? Totally light.

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 130
HughC wrote:

Rangers said the cat was 80 lbs according to the Coloradan.  I believe "juvenile" was the word used.  Cubs don't hunt.  They usually aren't on their own until 12 - 18 months - almost full grown typically by that point.  This aint Boulder fella, we raise real mountain men here in the Fort!

Did you propose to him as well?

HughC · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 10
Fehim Hasecic wrote:

Did you propose to him as well?

Nah, I am too old and grizzled. He'd need a nice, smooth young bottom like you, amigo.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado
Post a Reply to "Runner kills lion"

Log In to Reply