Mountain Project Logo

Feature Suggestion: Ability to create/name separate to-do lists

Original Post
Chase G · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 169

It would be cool to be able to categorize routes in my to do list and assign them in to separate user-named lists. The current filters work great but don't have any element of user-categorization. Right now, I'm managing routes that I want to climb in an Excel spreadsheet. A direct example would be the ability to create multiple wishlists for an Amazon shopping account.

Example use cases:

• separate lists for each trip you're planning (e.g. :"Red Rock 2019")
  • a list of routes you want to do in a certain month of the year (e.g. "July Goals")
  • a list for a specific area (e.g. "Yosemite Free Climbs" or "Yosemite Big Walls")
  • a list of routes you want to climb with a specific person (e.g. "Routes to do with Bobby")
This would also require an extra step after clicking "To-Do" on a route, it would ask which list to add it to (unless you only have 1, then it could just add to the default list).

Additionally, inviting another user to contribute to/edit a to-do list could be cool as well and would allow for another layer of trip-planning.
Chase G · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 169

I wanna bump this again, I think it would be a cool feature. Based on another thread where this sort of thing was discussed, To do lists could effectively function as spotify playlists.

For instance, someone could make a "PNW fingercracks" list or "yosemite offwidth circuit" list and other people could search for those public lists. It could be cool to see some crusher's lists like "Brad Gobright's favorite routes" (if he was so inclined to make that list)

On the flip side, having to do lists (and tick lists) have a private setting would be great and others have asked for this feature as well.

Creed Archibald · · Salt Lake City, UT · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 1,016

I’d use it. 

Connor Johnstone · · Lexington, KY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 70

This actually is a really cool idea. Idk if more people agreeing with you in the forums will push something higher up on the developers' to-do list, but consider this a vote from me.

Travis S · · Texas · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 70
Connor Johnstone wrote: This actually is a really cool idea. Idk if more people agreeing with you in the forums will push something higher up on the developers' to-do list, but consider this a vote from me.

Same here

Kyle vH · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 16

Agree, cool idea.

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 1,739

Agreed; I'd definitely use this feature if it existed.

Taylor Krosbakken · · Duluth, MN · Joined Nov 2008 · Points: 1,086

I would use this for sure. Great idea. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Discuss MountainProject.com
Post a Reply to "Feature Suggestion: Ability to create/name sepa…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started