Mountain Project Logo

Edelrid Ohm Latch Spring Issues

Original Post
Chris Piggott · · Kansas City, MO · Joined Dec 2018 · Points: 0

Purchased an Edelrid Ohm a few weeks ago tonuse lead climbing with a few lighter climbing partners. Works great!

One issue I've noticed after 3-4 days of climbing is that the spring that is supposed to close the lever doesn't seem to close the gate automatically anymore. Once I manually shut it, it seems to hold fine.

Didn't know if mine is an isolated issue or if this is common. Let me know. 

Lena chita · · OH · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 1,030

Have not seen this (just over 2 years of use, we got our Ohm in December 2016, as soon as it was available)

Rich Farnham · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2002 · Points: 282

I haven’t seen that in 2 years of use on mine either. I’d contact Edelrid. That’s not acceptable on a new piece of gear.

Hope you have better luck with them than I did when I contacted them about a broken thumb loop on a Mega Jul. They told me I had abused the gear and blew me off. I hadn’t. It broke while packing my pack on a cold day. They just didn’t want to stand behind the product.

SeƱor Arroz · · LA, CA · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 10

Haven't seen it. I'd return it to Edelrid for repair or replacement. Actually, first check to be sure there's nothing sticking the latch open, like grit or some lump of goo. If it's clean, email Edelrid.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Edelrid Ohm Latch Spring Issues"