Mountain Project Logo

Looking for Bend area climbing partners.

Original Post
Devin Scheid · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Hey everyone! Just moved to Prineville to work for the Forest Service. As I'm sure you are all aware of, many federal employees are on furlough. So I currently find myself with unlimited free time for me to go out climbing. Are there any sport climbers or boulderers out there who are in a similar situation?  If so and you want to climb, please shoot me a text at 7702981265. Otherwise, I also am down to climb on the weekends too of course. I climb 5.11 sport and boulder v6/7. Would love to get out and meet some of the climbing community here.

Kevin MP · · Redmond, OR · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 412

A good option if you find yourself partner-less is to head to Smith with a rope and a grigri. Most of the climbing this time of year happens around the sunny Morning Glory Wall and you are likely to meet people out there any day that is climbable, particularly the die hard locals. Ideally hook up with a party of three to make an even number, but if you are helpful and efficient most people don't mind letting you work in. See you out there some time!

Devin Scheid · · Atlanta, GA · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0
Kevin MP wrote: A good option if you find yourself partner-less is to head to Smith with a rope and a grigri. Most of the climbing this time of year happens around the sunny Morning Glory Wall and you are likely to meet people out there any day that is climbable, particularly the die hard locals. Ideally hook up with a party of three to make an even number, but if you are helpful and efficient most people don't mind letting you work in. See you out there some time!

Hey Kevin, thanks for responding. I actually did that yesterday and managed to climb with some folks. I feel kind of bad when I do that though since it derails people's plans sometimes, but I guess that's my only option for now. Anyways, I'll just keep heading out there solo for now and I'm bound to eventually find a consistent partner I suppose. Hopefully I'll see you out there sometime!

Merritt Wilburn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

Devin ,
          I see your from the Atlanta area and moved out to the Bend area. I am from South Carolina originally but have lived here now for 3 years. 843-384-7209 always down to climb!

Roots · · Redmond. OR · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 20

Devin plenty of climbers in this club:

/http://www.orcm.org/

https://www.meetup.com/Cascades-Mountaineers-Meetup/​​​

Roots · · Redmond. OR · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 20

^That is a fair assessment of most of the members (including me). However there a few that are climbing at a higher level.

...but no attempt on TR? Shame on them...

Chris Hatzai · · Bend, OR · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 531

Hey Devin, im heading out tomorrow with a small group.. heading to the Monument area to climb in the 5.11ish, 12- range if youre interested in coming out. Going to be getting on a lot of the lines my friends and I put up but youre more than welcome to join.. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Looking for Bend area climbing partners."