Mountain Project Logo

Undies for Access

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post — This topic is locked and closed to new replies
Tyler Wellman · · Cambridge · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 165

Hello Everyone!

In the market for some new climbing / travel / active underwear? My friend James and I have just released our all-new, GNEISS brand Men’s Underwear, and we’re donating 5% of all underwear sales revenue to the Access Fund. As the story goes, we set out to make climbing underwear, then realized, well, there’s really no such thing as climbing-specific underwear. Not to be defeated, we instead just created some really good underwear, and now donate 5% of all sales revenue to the Access Fund, officially making these maybe the one and only “Climber's Undies”.

Check them out here on our website:
https://niceclimbs.com/product/gneiss-mens-underwear-2-pack/

They are comparable to the Ex Officio Give-N-Go boxers, but at 2 for $18, cost about a third of the price. Plus free shipping if you have Amazon prime!

GNEISS brand Women’s Underwear coming soon!

Austin Goff · · Winston-Salem, NC · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 118

You may want to look into your branding. Your logo and name are oddly similar to Gneiss Apparel.

gneissapparel.com/

Austin Goff wrote: You may want to look into your branding. Your logo and name are oddly similar to Gneiss Apparel.

gneissapparel.com/

Thanks for pointing these guys out, Austin. We honestly hadn't discovered them before. Fortunately they're not selling underwear, and we have no plans to sell hats or T-shirts!

Austin Goff · · Winston-Salem, NC · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 118

No worries. You may want to take a dive into trademark law. T-shirts and underwear fall in the same trademark class so you could still have issues. Doesn't have to be the same article. I'm no expert but i would suggest some basic research into it. 

fuzzy muzzle · · Seattle · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Cool rope bag too...and great price

We actually did check USPTO's website for trademarks registered under GNEISS for climbing gear or apparel when developing our brand, and both then and now there is nothing. I won't pretend to be an expert in trademark law, but we did do a little homework here!

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.