Mountain Project Logo

Ride my gote to the Monterrey Aeropuerto for $300 USD

Fritz Nuffer · · The Western Slope · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 430
Tim Stich wrote:

That's ten bucks round trip. And let's not forget gas. What's it cost per gallon down there now?

$18.50 mx a liter! Killing me. I feel like buying a barrel in Laredo at $2.05 a gallon and bringing it back . But Jezebel gets 50mpg unloaded on US petrol. So for $35 I make $20 profit for three hours.

Mobes Mobesely · · MDI · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 865

Seasoned local professional driver or sketchy gringo. What could go wrong?
;)

K Weber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 15

Seasoned local gringo or fake taxi run by Cartel for kidnapping. What could go wrong?
;)

FTFY

mediocre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 0
K Weber wrote: Seasoned local gringo or fake taxi run by Cartel for kidnapping. What could go wrong?
;)

FTFY

Seeing as he was just at the Black Canyon I can’t call him seasoned. 

Mobes Mobesely · · MDI · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 865
K Weber wrote: Seasoned local gringo or fake taxi run by Cartel for kidnapping. What could go wrong?
;)

FTFY

Sounds scary... Probably need to hole up at night in safe rooms too right?

Colonel Mustard · · Sacramento, CA · Joined Sep 2005 · Points: 1,186
Mobes Mobesely wrote: Seasoned local professional driver or sketchy gringo. What could go wrong?
;)

I’m still reeling over the notion a gringo is doing a Mexican’s job!

beensandbagged · · smallest state · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 10

Everywhere climbers go to climb, climbing has always been sold as an asset that supports the local economy ????

Cron · · Kittery, ME · Joined Oct 2009 · Points: 55

Oh man this thread is gold. Honestly good arguments on both sides. I’m ready to chime in I guess. During my trip to EPC last year the ride from and to the airport was by far the most sketch/stressful part of my trip, much more so than that ‘chossy’ limestone falling from above. We waited forever for our ride. Then had to wait for him to get gas, which is sort of a story of its own. I couldn’t convince my driver to take the toll road despite waving pesos in his face. Next thing I know he’s fucking driving into head-on trafic on the highway. Then we’re pulling into an abandoned junkyard and I’m looking at my parter like “I guess this is how it ends” waiting to get robbed or whatever, b/c this guy had clearly never driven a taxi in his life. Anyways we get there 3 hours later and shit’s fine obviously. But this is one gringo who’s happy to shell out 30 bucks to ya for his next visit ;)

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 181

I'm not sure if I admitted to this:

I have many personal shortcomings, including a history of benzodiazepene addiction, a stout record of clinical mental unwellness, a felony for assault from a self-defense situation that escalated, and a propensity for self-aggrandizement
That I would also openly advertise a gypsy cab service. I mean, you had me at, "felony for violent crime". It makes those, "oh come up and kidnap me jokes" kinda... not in good taste. I get that Fritz, you don't want to do anything on the d/l, but it may be a good skill to learn how to act cool.

Wanting you to get on track, bud.
Jaren Watson · · Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 2,345
Long Ranger wrote: I'm not sure if I admitted to this:

That I would also openly advertise a gypsy cab service. I mean, you had me at, "felony for violent crime". It makes those, "oh come up and kidnap me jokes" kinda... not in good taste. I get that Fritz, you don't want to do anything on the d/l, but it may be a good skill to learn how to act cool.

If that’s your motivation, a private message would likely be more effective, wouldn’t you say?

Also, open advertising tends to work better than the kind no one sees.
Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 181
Jaren Watson wrote:

If that’s your motivation, a private message would likely be more effective, wouldn’t you say?

My main motivation is also that no one gets f'n hurt. Including Fritz.

Also, open advertising tends to work better than the kind no one sees.

How about, "offering rides to/from EPC, donations accepted (email address)", and your done *shrugs*. Not, "here let me show you my car, complete with license plate. Also: here's my entire financials, where I'm going to be for the next x weeks, and the rest of my life story".  That's what I may be not playing it cool. Fritz, be cool.

Fritz Nuffer wrote: I just replaced both fixed lines on Timewave and donated four stick clips to the steep crags, so Iante, you can get off your high horse and go copulate with a cactus.

This generation’s Dr. Ruth, you are not.

Lousiest advice I’ve ever followed twice.
Long Ranger wrote: My main motivation is also that no one gets f'n hurt. Including Fritz.

How about, "offering rides to/from EPC, donations accepted (email address)", and your done *shrugs*. Not, "here let me show you my car, complete with license plate. Also: here's my entire financials, where I'm going to be for the next x weeks, and the rest of my life story".  That's what I may be not playing it cool. Fritz, be cool.

I see. Thanks for clarifying.

beensandbagged wrote: Everywhere climbers go to climb, climbing has always been sold as an asset that supports the local economy ????

G-unit, you’ve never been to EPC and your Spanish blows. Come climb here and then tell me you’d hold to those principles when offered an air-conditioned, airbag-equipped ride for cheaper than the locals.

Long Ranger wrote
Your altruism has earned you a 50% off coupon. 

With your standards, would you buy a marg or a ride from Edguardo? He has sexual assault charges, cartel connections and roofied a friend of mine last week. 

You guys just don’t understand foster child psychology. If you want me to go away, stop responding to this thread. BC Booty died down quite nicely. 
Hobo Greg offered me a dollar to deactivate my profile and I am going to take him up on it as soon as all the dumpster fires are put out (and he Venmo’s me, cheap bastard). So stop pissing gas already. 
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

International
Post a Reply to "Ride my gote to the Monterrey Aeropuerto for $3…"