Mountain Project Logo

Anyone use the Mammut Nordwand 2.1?

Original Post
Blake Bolton · · Boise · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

I recently had a chance try a pair of mammut Nordwands at the mammut store in Chamonix and they seemed to fit my feet exceptionally well. However, reviews on these boots are hard to come by.  I was originally looking at the G2sm but these are a couple hundred bucks cheaper and I've heard the nightmare stories of the g2 not being water proof. Any MP users have any experience or thoughts with the mammut boots?

Anybody?

Kyle Tarry · · Portland, OR · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 258

I am also interested in these boots and would love to hear first-hand feedback on them.

Blake, how did you find the sizing, relative to other common boots and/or your street shoe size?

Greg Shea · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 10
Kyle Tarry wrote: I am also interested in these boots and would love to hear first-hand feedback on them.

Blake, how did you find the sizing, relative to other common boots and/or your street shoe size?

Same.

In my street shoe, depending on brand I normally wear an 8-8.5. I've got a pair of scarpa mont blanc pros in size 42 that I use for ice and mountaineering. I thought I wanted another 42 but tried on a 42 2/3 (UK 8.5) and was surprised at how adjustable they were. I could make them comfortable with both thin socks and beefy socks. They were easy to walk for a double boot without heel lift or pinch points and didn't feel overly clunky. The Nordwands seem to be a wider last like the Scarpa and were for me incredibly comfortable. I almost pulled the trigger but without finding reviews it was tough to justify.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Anyone use the Mammut Nordwand 2.1?"