Mountain Project Logo

All my hexes live in Texas (Fritz part 2)

Original Post
Fritz Nuffer · · The Western Slope · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 430

As could be expected, I’m over the post limit from tilting at windmills again.

As much grief as I give MP for being a wretched hive of scum and villainy, I am quite fond of it. I’ve made many lifetime friends who started as MP blind dates. I enjoy the banter and inside jokes. I’ve picked up a lot of quality gear at good prices and then gave even better deals to others.

I recently had an experience in the Black that was not a proper epic but still gave me ample opportunity for a metanoia. I had to make some difficult decisions and found myself in an objectively dangerous situation that I would never have sought out.  I’ve spent more time in the Black than I have at any other climbing area  (sixty days as of yesterday, lots of repeats) and feel my strongest there, but holds still break.

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit for reasons that would be olfactorily obvious and indica-tive of nonlinear thought were you here, so let me insert an image that should duct-tape this conversational hook to the wall.

I think what I was intending in this post was to give a shout out to the good people who make this forum worth wasting my time on every workday.

- Haybooner Price, for being an inspiration and a role model. Someday I hope to have given back to the vertical community as much as you have.

- OLH, like a second mom to me, for being the soul animating this body eclectic. Thanks for writing me letters when I was locked up .

- Eli Muthafuggn Poss, for showing me that it is entirely possible to become friends with someone in person who annoyed the crap out of you online. And for buying me that slice of pizza at DSP when I hadn’t been eating or talking to people for days. You matter, buddy. Thanks for not giving up on me.

- Jaren Watson for being the only person who gets my references, and for enabling my capraholism.

- Rgold and FrankPS, for being the lone voices of reason.

- That one cranky dude that I always argue with who worked for the Peace Corps for the longest time. I’m totally spacing on his name right now, (Bruce Banner says what up, ballerz) but I appreciate him nonetheless. (EDIT: @Viperscale)

- Andy W, #frenemies4life , I’m perfectly assured that we would’ve gotten along smashingly had we met at a crag instead of on MP, But I tend to be a bit of an ass on tha interunits (EDIT: as do you, admit it). My sincere offer of a beer still stands.

-Bearbreeder, gone but not forgotten.  I learned a lot from that guy, including how to spel.

- the usual suspects on the #bestslope: Slim, Devin Fin, Randall Chapman, Alex Garhart, etc.

Thanks for being good dudez.

Anyways, it’s been a great birthday and thanks everyone for reading or at least walking a metaphorical mile in this circumambulating peripatetic ‘s Nepal Cubes. I hope everyone is having a good holiday season. I’m going to go clip some lazy bolts at Shelf then bust down to Potrero for a bit, first two weeks of January. Doubtless I’ll see some of you guys there. Peace out, muthafuggaz!
  • Sobered up now, I still support this message. My yard sale post was written during an adrenaline dump after rolling the dice way harder than usual. For those who were looking for a bit more gravitas, this is it. Stay safe out on them rocks.
Try Cam · · Ft. Wayne, IN · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

Do you ever sleep?

Jaren Watson · · Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 2,410

You know what they say—getting references is the highest form of flattery.

Hobo Greg · · My Van · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 190
Fritz Nuffer wrote:
  • Sobered up now, I still support this message. My yard sale post was written during an adrenaline dump after rolling the dice way harder than usual. For those who were looking for a bit more gravitas, this is it. Stay safe out on them rocks.

You do realize that any parent who’s gonna send their kid to you for “therapy” can easily find this post, right?

Hobo Greg wrote:

You do realize that any parent who’s gonna send their kid to you for “therapy” can easily find this post, right?

I have a felony, man. That’s public record. The point is moot.

EDIT: Over the post limit, but what I would’ve said is that obviously I have a contingency plan for starting this business. Now would you gentlemen like to hear me tell a joke?
Hobo Greg · · My Van · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 190
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

I have a felony, man. That’s public record. The point is moot.

Even better. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Community Forum
Post a Reply to "All my hexes live in Texas (Fritz part 2)"