Mountain Project Logo

Massage Gun Reviews

Original Post
Mac Ferguson · · Florence, KY · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Since Christmas is coming up I want to buy my boyfriend one of those crazy massage guns. Were both climbers and he has a real issues massaging out his forearms and groin area. There are several massage guns currently for sale but I can't figure out which one to get. Anyone have any suggestions on which one to get??

Justice Holloway · · Oak View, CA · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 120
  • I cut off a knob from my theracane and epoxied it to a filed down jigsaw blade and put it on a 3 dollar jigsaw from a garage sale. You can buy a massage tip for a regular jigsaw (around 40 on amazon) but much easier and cheaper to make if you're crafty. 
Sam Cieply · · Venice, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 30

My friend has a Tim-Tam and it’s nice for the price. I made my own for much less and I like it better. It’s cordless and variable speed. I used this jigsaw and this adapter with a 3/4” rubber tip over it (like for a chair leg).

George Hayduke · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2006 · Points: 65

Cant speak to the other “massage guns” out there but I did just buy the Thera Gun and can say its pretty awesome. It works on the principle of vivration therapy which stimilulates blood flow thereby encouraging recovery. For your forarms The Thera Gun doesnt seem to get as deep as the Arm Aid which at 70-90$ is $500 less. If your boyfriends doesnt already have an arm aid I would reccomend he try that first for his forarms. It is much lighter, silent, and doesnt rely on batteries. Not sure the arm aid will work on his goin however Im not sure you would want the Theragun punching you in the groin either.  Hope that helps! 

nathanael · · Riverside, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 518
Sam Cieply wrote: My friend has a Tim-Tam and it’s nice for the price. I made my own for much less and I like it better. It’s cordless and variable speed. I used this jigsaw and this adapter with a 3/4” rubber tip over it (like for a chair leg).

That jigsaw setup is terrifying but also perhaps brilliant.

Kevin Green · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

I work at a gym and we have had a few of the message guns. The Theragun is the loudest and most aggressive. We have the Hypervolt now and that one is more user friendly and quieter.

Also, you can get a black and decker oscillating sander for around $30 and it works just as good. All you are doing with the message guns is breaking up muscle tissue, why pay $600 for that when $30 will do the same. The B&B oscillating sander is must less terrifying than the homemade jigsaws too, less chance of impalement.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern States
Post a Reply to "Massage Gun Reviews"