Mountain Project Logo

Dawn Wall Movie

Original Post
David Kerkeslager · · New Paltz, NY · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 137

It looks like the Dawn Wall movie is finally available to buy (link). I'm not sure how long it's been available.

I wish they'd provide a non-DRM version: as a Linux user it's hard to play DRM'ed movies sometimes.

Brad Johnson · · Charlotte, NC · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

It was released on itunes on Nov 20.  I've had it pre-ordered for months so got the alert when it became available or else I may have no known.  Same thing for Free Solo (pre-ordered)

Dillon Brown · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

The film is also for sale on Vimeo which does not have DRM:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thedawnwall/301882194

If you buy through Vimeo you can download a non-DRMed MP4 file.  In case this helps you play the film David.

David Kerkeslager · · New Paltz, NY · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 137
Dillon Brown wrote: The film is also for sale on Vimeo which does not have DRM:

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thedawnwall/301882194

If you buy through Vimeo you can download a non-DRMed MP4 file.  In case this helps you play the film David.

Thanks for the info! I was planning to just stream it off Vimeo when I actually have time to sit down and watch it. Good to know I can download it, though--I much prefer downloading and watching it locally.

Dillon Brown · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

You're welcome!!

Buck Rogers · · Germany · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 5

Just bought and watched this movie on Amazon.  Holy shite, what a movie.  Really, really great.  

Watched it with my 10, 12 and 16 year old kids as well as my wife.  We were all gripped and just blown away.  
I’ve done a bunch of climbing in a lot of places.  My wife has done some minimal climbing and my younger two kids have not really climbed but all of us were just wrecked at the end.  Totally emotional amazing.  At first my wife groaned when I wanted to watch it but by the end she could not stop and was so involved.    
Really really great movie, in my opinion.

Ted.kemble · · tower city PA · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5

glad i seen this,  looks like i know what im watching tonight ..... now if only the free solo movie would make it out.... with my busy schedule i cant ever get to a movie theater to watch these movies.

would like to see the fred becky film also. hopefully one day.....

Jaren Watson · · Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 2,395
Ted.kemble wrote: glad i seen this,  looks like i know what im watching tonight ..... now if only the free solo movie would make it out.... with my busy schedule i cant ever get to a movie theater to watch these movies.

Dirtbag has some cool photos and stories, but I didn’t find it very well made.

Ross Goldberg · · San Luis Obispo · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 42
Ted.kemble wrote: glad i seen this,  looks like i know what im watching tonight ..... now if only the free solo movie would make it out.... with my busy schedule i cant ever get to a movie theater to watch these movies.

It’s on amazon prime video. I bought it for like $10 I think?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trad Climbing
Post a Reply to "Dawn Wall Movie"