Mountain Project Logo

Sender's Game Podcast Episode 5: The Walk of Shame feat. Ryan Gajewskj

Fritz Nuffer · · The Western Slope · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 235
Bryan Berthoud 1 wrote: Boy, there sure are a lot of folks SOUNDING OFF here. Let’s all DIAL it down a little bit. Don’t take too much of this FEEDBACK personal. Don’t let reality get DISTORTED because of something someone poster here. 

#1 fangote is on it, muthafuggaz!

Old lady H wrote:

Pretty harsh. 

And it's disappointing. Someone is trying something they perhaps aren't great at, but, are giving it a shot. Hmmmm. A beginner? Being shot down by someone who is better at this with more experience? When has that ever happened on MP?

For starters, it happened to me, as a new climber. So viciously, in fact, it caught the attention of another MPer. I got an email: " your day is about to get better", something like that. A request for my address, as this MPer wanted to do a random act of kindness, and I was it.

Yes. That was Fritz. He gifted me two cams.

We have never met, but, his act of kindness has rippled out to others exponentially. Look up the thread, "Some climbers and my dog".

This is a very small community, in the grand scheme of things. You can choose to take a higher road, and consider offering your expertise.

Or not.

I know how I choose.

"Be kind. Always."

Best to you, truly, sir, because life is simply too short. Helen

Fritz, settle down, take a lump or two. The podcast will be better for it, and it is well worth it. We're talking technicalities, here. People just want to help with your gear placement, eh? It's a compliment, in the big scheme of things, that your podcast has believers, even if the sound could use some help. 

I believe the specific phrasing I used was, "you win the MP Civility Award."

Andy W wrote: If you want to claim the lack of pronouns or direct quote excuses any implied direction, which is quite obvious within context, then nor did I give any direct critique of your podcast, merely professional advice on how to make a quality sounding recording. As someone who's primary medium of sharing their creation is recorded audio, I would suggest you give a shit about audio quality. If the content isn't clearly delivered to the audience, it doesn't matter much the worth of such content. Now that's a direct critique at you specifically, not your podcast, which I definitely won't be listening to now, in case it wasn't clear.

Furthermore, I have no qualms bumping this post because I have no interest if this podcast flourishes or tanks. If you think that's will really help your podcast in the end, I would reevaluate your strategies.

Luke C · · San Diego, CA · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 0

Me sitting on the couch reading these posts:

Luke C wrote: Me sitting on the couch reading these posts:

s.price · · Pagosa Springs · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,346

Enjoying the interviews Fritz. Sound quality seems fine to me. That could be due to years of blasting Metal at 11 though :)

If the poop stories are to continue would be great if you moved them to the end of the cast. Then I don't have to wade thru the shit to get to the goods. Probably just me but I have no interest in shitty stories about shit.
Peace Bro and keep up the good work.
Beyer is putting up routes around Pagosa. Maybe you could track him down for an episode.

s.price wrote: Enjoying the interviews Fritz. Sound quality seems fine to me. That could be due to years of blasting Metal at 11 though :)

If the poop stories are to continue would be great if you moved them to the end of the cast. Then I don't have to wade thru the shit to get to the goods. Probably just me but I have no interest in shitty stories about shit.
Peace Bro and keep up the good work.
Beyer is putting up routes around Pagosa. Maybe you could track him down for an episode.

Good suggestion, and I would love to connect with Jim. If you have his info feel free to pass along mine

Julius Grisette · · Carbondale · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 5
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

Would you like to mail you a vinyl copy?

I gave you good beta on a cheap way to vastly improve your audio quality. If you cant take constructive criticism, you are in for a bad time.

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,455
Julius Grisette wrote:

I gave you good beta on a cheap way to vastly improve your audio quality. If you cant take constructive criticism, you are in for a bad time.

Lol, what could be more light hearted than a response like "I wil mail you a vinyl copy". I think Fritz can take the criticism. Don't be a kid. Bleat!

I think honestly what’s going on here is that both of these e-thugs are trolls from rival podcasts. Because there’s only enough room on the interunits for one climbing show, and that’s the Enormocast, muthafuggaz.

I’ve reached out to several other podcasts to see if they want to team up and hang out on the air for an episode, and have heard back absolutely nothing. The only nice response I got was from Randall at Rock2Rapid. 

I am getting such a marketing boner from the prospect of being involved in a podcast turf war. It’s like CK is Tupac and I’m Biggie.

Andy and Julius are Boys II Men and R Kelly, respectively.

EDIT:  i’m over the post limit, but I will gratefully accept a tutorial from Dr. J . Burger and beers are on me!

This is quite obvious to all of my climbing partners IRL, but I use wankster lingo incessantly. Probably due to the fact that I was homeschooled, went to youth group, grew up in the midwestern suburbs, and most of the halcyon days of my impressionable youth listening to Eminem and wishing I were black.

Fritz Nuffer wrote:

Andy and Julius are Boys II Men and R Kelly, respectively.

I gave you good advice because I enjoy all the content. I don't understand how I am a thug. I attempted to listen to a couple of your podcast and the audio is so poor I cant hear it on my setup. I don't have trouble listening to other podcast. 

Here is my last attempt at helping you, I am going to be coming to junction in the next couple of weeks. I would be more than willing to sit down with you for an hour and show you some simple audio engineer tricks to help improve your quality and work with what you have.

In the long run, a small investment in your audio chain will pay off in the spades down the road. 
Julius Grisette wrote:

I gave you good advice because I enjoy all the content. I don't understand how I am a thug. I attempted to listen to a couple of your podcast and the audio is so poor I cant hear it on my setup. I don't have trouble listening to other podcast. 

Sounds like your "setup" is too fancy for this podcast! You can take your 1% attitude and bleat it outta here!
Tradiban wrote: Sounds like your "setup" is too fancy for this podcast! You can take your 1% attitude and bleat it outta here!

Shitty bluetooth speaker in the shop while I am running machinery is not elitist. I am a working stiff listening to content to get thru my workday. 

Julius Grisette wrote:

Shitty bluetooth speaker in the shop while I am running machinery is not elitist. I am a working stiff listening to content to get thru my workday. 

Wait?!! Your set up is a shitty Bluetooth speaker in the shop while you are running machinery and your upset that the sound quality isn't good?!?

First of all SendersGame isn't background noise, it's poetry, it's meant to be cherished not used as a distraction from the doldrums of work.

Second of all and if you must use SG for distraction get a bigger speaker and crank to 11.
Tradiban wrote: 

Wait?!! Your set up is a shitty Bluetooth speaker in the shop while you are running machinery and your upset that the sound quality isn't good?!?

First of all SendersGame isn't background noise, it's poetry, it's meant to be cherished not used as a distraction from the doldrums of work.

1. Second of all and if you must use SG for distraction get a bigger speaker and crank to 11

I dont have any problem listening to dozens of other podcast. He reached out to me and I am going to give him some help. Get off my back. I am trying to help the guy. Why are you a miserable human?
Jaren Watson · · Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 2,033
Tradiban wrote:

Exactly. My spouse and I listen to it to serenade our intimate moments.
s.price · · Pagosa Springs · Joined Dec 2010 · Points: 1,346
Fritz Nuffer wrote:

Good suggestion, and I would love to connect with Jim. If you have his info feel free to pass along mine

Jim might as well be a ghost. But he is on MP as he has posted many routes locally in the last few years. 

Try his email.
Julius Grisette wrote:
I dont have any problem listening to dozens of other podcast. He reached out to me and I am going to give him some help. Get off my back. I am trying to help the guy. Why are you a miserable human?

It's just some constructive criticism :)

Chalk Norris · · Brighton, CO · Joined Nov 2006 · Points: 125

Nice work!!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Sender's Game Podcast Episode 5: The Walk of Sh…"