Mountain Project Logo

Any experience with Ortovox?

Original Post
Andrew S · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2018 · Points: 0

I'm looking at getting a new hardshell for ice climbing and mountaineering and the Ortovox Ortlier 3L looks pretty good, but I can't find anything on the fit of the brand or general quality. Anybody have any Ortovox clothing that they would compare to another brand with similar fit/quality?

Micah Hoover · · Seattle, WA · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

I have an ortovox midlayer, it's one of my favorite pieces.  I've been wearing it 2-3x week for a few seasons and it's still in great shape.  Wool face fabric has been dragged through a lot of bushwacking and it's never snagged or pulled out.  Hardly any piling on the inside, seams and piping intact.  I've always been impressed by it's versatility.

It's a very athletic fit, so you might consider sizing up.  I'm generally between M-L, but a large fit me perfect.

Drew L · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

I have the Ortovox Piz Palu jacket. It's one of my favorite pieces. Top quality. I have the size S, and I'm about 5'9", 150lbs if that helps you with sizing. Zipper is on the left side, as opposed to the right, which I assume is due to the euro style, so sometimes I find myself having to adjust since I'm use to pulling up right side with right hand like most US products.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Any experience with Ortovox?"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started