Mountain Project Logo

Tahquitz Ice Climbing

Joshua Reinig · · Lone Pine Ca. · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 18,210

Still firing 2 feet in Carlsbad!!

Joshua Reinig · · Lone Pine Ca. · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 18,210
Competent Leader wrote: HOHMANN WHO CAN OUTLOCAL WHO NAWMEAN AMIRITE?!?!?

Amirite is one of my favorite minerals! ;)-

Unverified Alpine · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2018 · Points: 0

You know it’s a sad place to live at when cabins see better ice than tahquitz all year 

x15x15 · · Use Ignore Button · Joined Mar 2009 · Points: 275
Alejandro Alpine wrote: You know it’s a sad place to live at when cabins see better ice than tahquitz all year

Agreed, who the fuck would ever leave the cabins to hit up that historicalshitchosspile known as Lily the choss Rock. BTW, ice climbers are nothing more than AID climbers...

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 262
CO Climber wrote: I was rooting for you to show this pack of SoCal hyenas up but you’re bringing shame to the alpine game Alejandro.

Real alpine climbers bivy on ledges with stomach churning exposure and views of panoramic vistas, not cars and parking lots. They brew cocoa with cold trembling hands, not get served by a barista at the local coffee shop in Mammoth or Ouray.  

Real alpine climbers spoon their partner on Nemo air pads not Tempurpedic mattresses.  They embrace the stench from foul wet feet and deodorant-free armpits, not warm sheets still smelling like Tide. 

They yearn to suffer and run on fear. They run it out and indulge on anxieties like another blueberry flavored pack of Gu.  They develop bonds formed by icy trials, and forever burned into their psyche. They don’t climb 10 feet of ice outside the patio, post it on Instagram, to be forgotten the next day. 

Real alpine climbers walk into the unknown ready to overcome their own shortcomings. They don’t take two days to fail on Mt. Sill. They don’t go without gear and pretend they were honestly attempting and soloing the Swiss Arete.

Hang up those ice picks and join me skiing and hiking in Colorado bro. 

How the hard core locals do Alejandro Alpine.
Pugnacious Slab · · San Diego, CA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 371
Alejandro Alpine wrote: You know it’s a sad place to live at when cabins see better ice than tahquitz all year 

Keep those heels down

That’s not me in the picture. You guys are a bunch of sissies, only women assume things.

CO Climber wrote: I was rooting for you to show this pack of SoCal hyenas up but you’re bringing shame to the alpine game Alejandro.

Real alpine climbers bivy on ledges with stomach churning exposure and views of panoramic vistas, not cars and parking lots. They brew cocoa with cold trembling hands, not get served by a barista at the local coffee shop in Mammoth or Ouray.  

Real alpine climbers spoon their partner on Nemo air pads not Tempurpedic mattresses.  They embrace the stench from foul wet feet and deodorant-free armpits, not warm sheets still smelling like Tide. 

They yearn to suffer and run on fear. They run it out and indulge on anxieties like another blueberry flavored pack of Gu.  They develop bonds formed by icy trials, and forever burned into their psyche. They don’t climb 10 feet of ice outside the patio, post it on Instagram, to be forgotten the next day. 

Real alpine climbers walk into the unknown ready to overcome their own shortcomings. They don’t take two days to fail on Mt. Sill. They don’t go without gear and pretend they were honestly attempting and soloing the Swiss Arete.

Hang up those ice picks and join me skiing and hiking in Colorado bro. 

1st. Who took two days to fail on Mt. Sill? The whole thing was done in 1 day, if you’re counting getting to big pine the night before and bivying at lake 3, a day? Then sure go ahead. 2nd The chute was frozen and I left my boots and crampons at home, I didn’t think I’d need them. So we just tried going up a section of the Swiss Arete. 3rd I wasn’t trying to solo the Swiss Arete, who ever said that? Nonetheless, you act like it can’t be done without gear anyway. 

I’d honestly out climb any of the people on here. Send location and meet me there, too much talk on this forum. 
 I may just need some volunteers to climb with me though! Somebody’s gotta hold my big balls while I climb the stuff the brammajalla locals wont even go near, naawmean.
Pugnacious Slab · · San Diego, CA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 371
Alejandro Alpine wrote:I’d honestly out climb any of the people on here. Send location and meet me there, too much talk on this forum. 

Didn't you buy your first rack in December (per your post on Socal climbing) ? What on earth makes you think you can "out climb" anyone? Or was this just an aggressive way to get partners? 

Mounir Fizari wrote:

Didn't you buy your first rack in December (per your post on Socal climbing) ? What on earth makes you think you can "out climb" anyone? Or was this just an aggressive way to get partners? 

Natural abilities. It doesn’t take 3 years to learn how to place pro. Plus I’m not so much referring to climbing 5.13d. We were talking about alpine stuff 

CO Climber wrote: Bro, when you don't do something car to car, it's 2 or more days.  If you've got to bivy, it's over a day.  Simple math yeah?  Who goes up a 14er in the middle of winter without boots and crampons?  What experienced alpine climber would think he wouldn't need them???  Holy Mary mother of god!!!  Oh it can be done.....but not by you.  And, what alpinist goes into the Sierra in the winter without gear ready to send the gnarliest shit he can think of?  Unless all he can do is a third class gully......?????  All the brain cells must be going to your big balls.  There is hope for you because alpine climbing requires more balls than brains.

I have faith in you though!  Alejandro just threw down the gauntlet!  What local or troll or local troll is going to defend Tahquitz's honor???  This is a modern day Royal Robbins vs Warren Harding happening live and streaming on MP!!!  Place your bets!!!  Who's going to just talk, and who's going to walk the walk???

Who went to Sill in the middle of winter? Nov 9 is the middle of winter? 

All I’m saying is let’s get after it, send location and date. Like it or not I’ll out climb most of you and the people who talk too much are often the people who suck the most. Too much forum talk and in real life some egos will be hurt. That’s implying people actually show up. 

Judging by your attitude in here you would make a shitty Alpine partner. So pass from me. Don't be mad because no one will climb with you in the forum. It takes time to find good Alpine partners braj be patient after all you just got your first rack in December. :)

Just curious if you took the tags off yet?

Alejandro Alp · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2019 · Points: 0

I guess I'm not on here as much as you when I can only post twice a day for some reason.

Yes, it is true that you can’t do these things with that kind of attitude. But you’re also implying I want to climb with any of you lol as partners. Idk why the partner thing keeps showing up. No one wants to climb with snarky people. Realistically speaking since when is the time someone gets their first rack an accurate indicator of how much or little they can climb. Real climbers aren’t even on forums this much going back to FB to screenshot my post lol. I think the reality that some people are just better than you at something you've done for years scares people, I get it. Especially if that is all you've ever done. 

From experience, people who are more badass than all of you are, judging from the way you sound, are far more chill, talk less, and are 100 times better climbers than anyone in this thread.

You know you’re all pretty lame when my forum named tickled your kitty from day one <3

Fehim Hasecic · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 215
master gumby wrote: Just curious if you took the tags off yet?

I thought you weren’t supposed to take the tags off for at least a year in case you need to warranty any of the stuff? 

Alejandro Alp wrote: 

From experience, people who are more badass than all of you are, judging from the way you sound, are far more chill, talk less, and are 100 times better climbers than anyone in this thread.

OMFG... I didn't know people came this stupid. You may be correct sir, although I seriously doubt it. But, this could be fun!!!

Wanna have a pissing match and start spraying accomplishments?

Anyway, I honestly don't give a hoot. I bet I have way more fun than you. And since climbing is actually a totally selfish, meaningless, and stupid activity, at least I'm having fun while you're trying to OUT CLIMB me

CIAO
AHMAN
NAHMEAN
Alejandro Alpine wrote: That’s not me in the picture. You guys are a bunch of sissies, only women assume things.

Dude, my wifey will out climb your sissy butt any time this millennium...

Live from the rox. Locals only climb ice with haul bag.

A nice Sunday afternoon, and master gumby says...

Live from the rox.
Which is why I stay away from the weekend crazies... 
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Southern California
Post a Reply to "Tahquitz Ice Climbing"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started