Mountain Project Logo

rumney 130-dark. Wed Nov 7th

Original Post
JB Gregory · · NH · Joined Feb 2008 · Points: 0

safe, experienced, local knowledge, psyched.  welcome all solid belayers.  

Ben Molloy · · Keene, NY · Joined Mar 2018 · Points: 0

I might be making the trip out, not sure what you're looking to get on but If I make the trip I'd be happy to partner up, I'm looking to hop on some easy 12's, Payment Plan and Social Distortion have given me reason to come back to them but I am up for anything.

Troy S · · Waltham, MA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 55

Any interest in getting on Predator?

I've actually been projecting Predator lately, only hopped on twice, wasn't gonna mention it because I wouldn't want to test the patience of someone I just met (I don't exactly fly up the thing haha), but I would totally hop on Predator and belay you

Just realized that Predator comment didn't come from John, didn't mean to hijack your partner search man, best of luck and let me know if you still need a partner

I'm glad atleast 2 of you are interested.   not working predator, been waiting for anaconda to dry out. predator may be the only thing dry at OC.  also working hope for movement and a few others. pretty much something at every crag.  short daylight requires efficient climbing. , but happy to belay whatever project realistic.  sure we can work out a plan. PM if your in.

I would just like to say that I went to Rumney about a week ago, for what was like the first dry day following what seemed like months of rain, and everything, including Predator was seeping. Things on every wall from Orange Crush, to Bonsai, to Waimai and Darth Vader were seeping. Don't know if there have been many days without rain lately, I haven't been keeping up on the forecast, but if Wednesday is the first dry day in awhile a good bit would be seeping and wet. Just a thought but I am still unsure if I'm making the trip, I'll keep you posted.

Troy S · · Waltham, MA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 55

I was on Predator last Weds and it's definitely climbable though some of the holds were wet. Suitable for my purposes as I'm still just getting all the moves dialed and not quite ready for red point burns yet anyways. Unfortunately with daylight savings just kicking in, if we get started at 1:30 we only have a few hours to climb so there's not really time to bounce around from crag to crag. Sounds like Ben is psyched on Payment plan so he might be a better candidate as I've done Hope and pretty much everything else at Meadows already (though PP & Hope are probably wet anyways). Given the short approach, at least you can walk by them real quick and then worst case just head to main cliff, surely you'll find some dry stuff there. 

lots of rain today, all day.  tomorrow is supposed to be perfect weather and I have luxury of 45 min drive to just go climb on real rock and hit what is dry.  I found local partner with same thoughts, so no pressure.  it might make more sense for you 2 to meet at Farley?

Well if you’ve got a local partner, I probably won’t be making the trip, got psyched when I saw the trip but I have a crew going out on Thursday, and driving the 6 hours round trip 2 days in a row is becoming less and less appealing, best of luck and keep us posted on rock conditions!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "rumney 130-dark. Wed Nov 7th"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started