Mountain Project Logo

Catskills Ice/Mixed Late December

Original Post
Tony Hot Chocolate · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 450

I’m visiting my family for the holidays who live in the Catskills from late December to early January, probably a total of two weeks maybe more. Since I can’t handle not climbing for more than two weeks I’m looking for partners who are familiar with the Catskill ice and mixed scene. I’ve done all my ice and mixed climbing out west, so I have no experience in the area. I lead WI4 and M5. Looking for a partner who can swap leads with me on multi pitch, I’m down for single pitch cragging too. I know it’s early but if I can lock on some solid partners it would affect when I buy my ticket home and back. 

Ryan Bottesini · · From the Northeast · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 341

Hey. I'm new to ice (first season) and to the Catskills but I've done a bunch of off-season exploring of the climbing areas around here.
If you are that desperate to drag around a newbie I'm in... give me a few pitches to get my systems checked and I'm up to swap some leads.

But like I said I'm new.

Living in Hudson, NY.

Tony Hot Chocolate · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 450

I don’t mind, as long as you can belay. I’m trying to fly with little gear, you have a rope and rack?

Ryan Bottesini · · From the Northeast · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 341

I can belay just fine. I bought a few screws to get my foot in the door... so I wouldn't call it a rack ( 3x13cm, 1x17cm, 1x21cm).
I have a few rock ropes (ie. not dry). 70m, 55ish meters, 40m

How is the trip planning going?

Feel free to DM or text/call me at 2392069370

-rb

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

North Eastern States Partners
Post a Reply to "Catskills Ice/Mixed Late December"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started