Mountain Project Logo

This forum is currently open to EVERYONE.

Original Post
Nate Doyle · · Sierra Foothills · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 39

As I mentioned in another thread (since removed.)

Please stop guilt tripping and or shaming men for commenting in this the "Women's Forum", a forum that is open to "Everyone." Mostly men doing it to other men. Not cool. And, in my opinion, should be included as part of the zero-tolerence policy.

This is a place for women to share experiences and discuss female-related issues in a comfortable environment. ****Everyone can read and post to this forum, but it will be moderated with a zero-tolerance policy. Since moderators cannot proactively review every post, we depend on members using the "Flag" tool next to posts that should be removed.
Source

Note: I added "****" and bold for emphasis.

You might not agree with the current policy but, until it's changed, respect that everyone is allowed to participate in the Women's Forum and therefore shouldn't be "called out" and given crap all the time, as they are doing nothing wrong.

(But do Flag the BS when appropriate.)
Sean Post · · Laguna Beach, CA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 24

Shouldn't this be in the "discuss MountainProject.com" forum?

Tim Lutz · · Colo-Rado Springs · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 5

Bro, u 'triggered' r wut?

Nate Doyle · · Sierra Foothills · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 39

ETA

I can appriciate my "brothers" thinking they are sticking up for women by calling out other men in these forums but, in reality, under the current rules, guys, you are all out of line here. Some women do it too; also out of line. And I realize it could be a case of nobody having ever read Nick's sticky, the first post on the top of these forums, but, there you have it, men are allowed to "read and post" here.

Note: not talking about times where people break the zero-tolerence rule, that's another issue. And I agree, flag that BS when it happens, the rest is perfectly fine, however; again, under the current rules.

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 152
Nate Doyle wrote: As I mentioned in another thread:

Please stop guilt tripping and or shaming men for commenting in this the "Women's Forum", a forum that is open to "Everyone." Mostly men doing it to other men. Not cool. And, in my opinion, should be included as part of the zero-tolerence policy.

Source

You might not agree with the current policy but, until it's changed, respect that everyone is allowed to participate in the Women's Forum and therefore shouldn't be "called out" and given crap all the time, as they are doing nothing wrong.

Nice troll.

I think we should have a men's forum. I feel left out
Ryan M Moore · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 35

I think it’s perfectly reasonable for there to be a place for women climbers to talk to each other here without guys chiming in on everything. Women get to have guys giving advice and opinions all day long at the crag and at the gym. If they want a place to connect and talk with other women about climbing amongst themselves why do guys feel the need to jump in? The reality is there may be a lot of women who primarily climb with guys due to the demographics of the sport or other reasons and just want to hear another woman’s perspective or insight that they don’t get as often as they might want in the real world. Why the need to butt into a women’s forum? I do think it’s silly for the guys to be the one commenting to other guys to not comment on the women’s forum, and I also get the hypocrisy in what I just said.

wonderwoman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 88
Nate Doyle wrote: Please stop guilt tripping and or shaming men for commenting in this the "Women's Forum", a forum that is open to "Everyone." Mostly men doing it to other men. Not cool. And, in my opinion, should be included as part of the zero-tolerence policy.

I didn't know this was even a thing!

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 873

You people are goofy.

Just read the sticky, be relatively (by MP standards) nice, and contribute as you wish.

I'm one who advocated keeping it not just open, but also visible. There are far more who read this stuff than participate actively. I did hear from others who chose not to subject themselves to the fray, back when MP was considerably friskier. But? I also heard from guys who appreciated being heard, but perhaps more importantly? Allowed to ask questions, without getting incinerated.

Best, Helen

phylp · · Upland · Joined May 2015 · Points: 622

I think it would be quite odd if it wasn’t open to everyone. 

Tradiban · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2004 · Points: 11,460
Nate Doyle wrote: As I mentioned in another thread (since removed.)

Source

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to return your Man Card to my desk in the morning.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Women's Forum
Post a Reply to "This forum is currently open to EVERYONE."

There is ZERO tolerance for being a jerk in the Women's Forum.