Mountain Project Logo

We will measure your VO2max at 16,000ft

Original Post
Altitude Research Center · · Aurora, CO · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

High-Altitude Research Study:

Male subjects needed for research on how breathing training affects performance at high altitude.

This is a study for US Special Forces, so at this time we are recruiting male subjects who are:

• 18 – 45 years old, not overweight, non-smokers
• Healthy, not on any regular medications, able to ride a stationary bike for up to 2 hours
• Not suffering from migraine headaches, anemia or sickle cell disease
• Willing to not go to the mountains (higher altitudes) for the duration of the study (6 weeks)
• Able to commit to up to 6 hours per week for exercise and breathing training for 4 weeks The total time commitment is for up to 48 hours over the course of 6-8 weeks. Part of the study will be at a simulated altitude of 16,000 feet in a hypobaric chamber.

We will measure your VO2 max (peak oxygen uptake) twice at Denver altitude and twice at 16,000 feet.
• You will receive these results once the study has been completed.

Please call 303-724-1675 for more information.

Bump.

Rokjox Teleski · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 15

You guys got a way of making everything fun a chore.  No way am I not going into the mountains for 6 weeks.  Your machine doesnt really go that high anyway.  You dont pay nearly enough to be wasting a season.

Im too old for you guys to play with me anyway.  Try coming back when you got your retirement enlistments and you can learn about breathing from people with a lot more experience.  When you are finally of the age of majority, you'll be able to use whatever drugs you want and nobody will say a thing, youll be vested and getting the Stipend to do what you want.  

I quit my job so I wouldnt have to use stationary bikes and treadmills... I can go outside any time I want....

You need some sugar with those gallons of vinigar you trying to attract flies with... we are many of us highly fit and amazing dirtbags, and are covered in flies but you got nothing them real climber/mountaineer types want.   Take it from an old man who knows, ...you are woofing the wrong tree.

Bump

Bump. We are still actively recruiting participants for this study.

Rokjox Teleski · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 15

oh, hahahaha...

God, you guys sound lonely.

You aint changed your offer, and you get/got no offers.  Just like I said.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over, and expect a change of results, you are insane, Right?  You want a difference, make a change.  

Yall aint all that smart after all...

other · · San Diego, CA · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 15

Stop discrimating based on age 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Community Forum
Post a Reply to "We will measure your VO2max at 16,000ft"