Mountain Project Logo

Can't search?

Original Post
mc813 · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 25

From the home page in the app if I click search and type anything into the search box I get "no results" for both routes and areas. However, if I go to a downloaded area and search, routes/areas show up like they should. Anyone else having this issue? 

Jesse Applegate · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 131

Same here. It’s been like that for a few weeks even after updating. I haven’t tried deleting and reinstalling the app yet, but that’s my next shotgun-troubleshooting step. 

Mark H · · No where in particular · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

It would also be nice to search in the forums. Don’t know if I just haven’t figured that out yet or if you can’t. 

PatMas · · Tulsa, OK · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Click on any users name, then click the ‘list’ button (top right, three lines under REI ADVENTURES at least on iPhone) that will bring up a search bar.

I feel like I post about this every two weeks. Eventually REI will either start paying me, or just put the search bar in a mo bettah spot.

J Shapiro · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 0

Hey guys I had this problem.  I reinstalled the app and it seemed to fix itself. It also couldn't figure out my location for whatever reason before the reinstall.

mc813 · · San Antonio, TX · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 25
J Shapiro wrote: Hey guys I had this problem.  I reinstalled the app and it seemed to fix itself. It also couldn't figure out my location for whatever reason before the reinstall.

Looks like reinstalling fixed it for me as well. Thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

iPhone & Android App Feedback
Post a Reply to "Can't search?"