Mountain Project Logo

Seeking Your Story: The Sustainable Climbing Life

Original Post
Clipping Chains · · Colorado · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

Good Morning,

My wife and I write for a website discussing personal finances and increasing freedom through savings and simple investing strategies. I am a climber and routinely message to climbers, but all are welcome.

While we generally advise adherence to work early in life (plus weekend warrior climbing and vacations) to have freedom slightly later — albeit much earlier than traditional retirement — we’d love to hear from and feature those who have made the climbing life sustainable for the long term. Even if you have sponsorship and other endorsements, do you feel you can support yourself on that relationship for the long-term?

If you feel you have a lifestyle that affords plenty of freedom to climb on “good enough” financial footing, we’d love to hear from you! (Assuming you’re actually reading this and not out climbing :)

Please PM me to share your story.

We’re pleased to post today our first profile featuring total crusher badasses Chuck and Maggie Odette.

Shameless plug, I know, but we’re trying to highlight the folks out there doing it right, and the Odette’s most certainly fit the bill.

Do you or someone you know have a story to tell? Send them our way! 

Thanks for the responses so far. Keep them coming! This week I’m very excited to feature Mark Anderson of Anderson brother fame. He has a very intriguing story!

Alrighty, back at it. This time we have the industrious Justin Brown, creator of Rhino Skin Solutions. Justin saw an opportunity to add value, and in doing so, has created an entire new life around this silly sport that is rock climbing.

This week we are excited to bring you Charlie. He’s not a pro climber, he’s not sponsored, but he is in love with climbing and securing his financial future. Charlie is proof that you CAN have your cake and eat it too!

We’re very pleased to feature Kris Hampton of Power Company Climbing. Kris often features podcasts with an underlying theme of getting outside your comfort zone. That message resonates with us real nice.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Community Forum
Post a Reply to "Seeking Your Story: The Sustainable Climbing Life"