Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Free Solo Movie

Nate Doyle · · Sierra Foothills · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 37
Harumpfster Boondoggle wrote: That's two words.....:P

Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up.

Jplotz · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 1,190
Nate Doyle wrote:

One word...Teflon Corner.

Tefloncorner

Mike D · · Boulder, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 834
Jplotz wrote: Fantastic movie!  It finally made it to Wenatchee amazingly enough.

I didn't appreciate the movie's detailed footage of the moves on the boulder problem.  It pretty much ruined my onsight. 

Then flash it using the Ondra method (watch Reel Rock for deets).

I'm going to say it right now.  The "next big thing," Honnold says he's looking for will be to Free Solo the Nose.

Honnold will free solo the Nose, and once again blow everyone's mind. 

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 156

I think first he's first gotta free climb the nose.

Long Ranger wrote: I think first he's first gotta free climb the nose.

Does he?  He just needs to work the shit out of the cruxes just like he did on Freerider.  I bet he's already free soloed 90% of it.

Long Ranger · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 156

Yeah, I think he's gotta. The Nose has only gone free a handful of times and only repeated like once by Lynn Hill ( and maybe Tommy?) How many times do you think Honnold climbed Freerider completely (and how many YEARS did it take him to do that)? Where did he shit himself on his first free solo attempt: the crux, or a much easier part?

I think soloing the Nose would also be a nightmare, as there's a lot of traffic on it.

Before anything like that happens, I think Alex is just gonna finally tick that 9a sport climb.

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 195

Soloing 5.14 is a pretty big leap from his usual 12s and 13s, and Changing Corners seems to be really low percentage.  Honnold isn’t stupid; there’s a reason he skipped the dyno even though the boulder problem was technically more difficult.

Nate Doyle · · Sierra Foothills · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 37

You can all Free Solo deez nu**! He's done enough.

Alex, come climb 5.8 with me for the next 40 years. I promise you'll have the time of your life. You can thank me when we're old and grey.

This way he'll be forever remembered for Free Soloing the Freerider; instead of another free soloist that did some cool stuff but then we only remember him 'cause he died free soloing.

that guy named seb · · Britland · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 205
Jplotz wrote:

Does he?  He just needs to work the shit out of the cruxes just like he did on Freerider.  I bet he's already free soloed 90% of it.

2/10 try again. 

Long Ranger wrote: Yeah, I think he's gotta. The Nose has only gone free a handful of times and only repeated like once by Lynn Hill ( and maybe Tommy?) How many times do you think Honnold climbed Freerider completely (and how many YEARS did it take him to do that)? Where did he shit himself on his first free solo attempt: the crux, or a much easier part?

I think soloing the Nose would also be a nightmare, as there's a lot of traffic on it.

Before anything like that happens, I think Alex is just gonna finally tick that 9a sport climb.

Lynn Hill, Scott Burke, Tommy Caldwell, Beth Rodden, Jorg Verhoeven, and Keita Kurakami have all freed The Nose.

There are some really insecure pitches up there (I’m thinking of The Great Roof and Changing Corners pitches). There’s no way that route is getting free soloed anytime soon. 

Honnold has an established pattern of blowing people's mind about what is possible. 

Jplotz wrote: Honnold has an established pattern of blowing people's mind about what is possible. 

Dirty30 Dirty30 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

My ex girlfriend who has jacked up parents and a bucket list of non fixable issues - broke up with me because I didn't want to quit my job and live in a van - for another dude who doesn't have a job - so she could travel in a van became a "life coach"...now they live in a small basement because they ran out of money. Be careful who you get "life" advice from haha

I am now building out my new - way more expensive van - with my six figure salary that I can work remotely with - with my new girlfriend who is hotter and can also work remotely.

Life is funny that way

Tim Lutz · · Colo-Rado Springs · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 5
Dirty30 Dirty30 wrote:

I am now building out my new - way more expensive van - with my six figure salary that I can work remotely with - with my new girlfriend who is hotter and can also work remotely.

Bro! so 30 and dirty!  you should totally Insta your rad #Vanlyfe!  Someone so cool as you, your van, your piles of $$$ and super-hot girl!  #Vanspray

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Dirty30 Dirty30 wrote: I am now building out my new - way more expensive van - with my six figure salary that I can work remotely with - with my new girlfriend who is hotter and can also work remotely.
Maybe it's time to turn down your spray hose?
hahaha
w00t
Harumpfster Boondoggle · · Between yesterday and today. · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0
Dirty30 Dirty30 wrote: My ex girlfriend who has jacked up parents and a bucket list of non fixable issues - broke up with me because I didn't want to quit my job and live in a van - for another dude who doesn't have a job - so she could travel in a van became a "life coach"...now they live in a small basement because they ran out of money. Be careful who you get "life" advice from haha

Life is funny that way

So dirty Photos or BS.

Tim Lutz wrote:

Bro! so 30 and dirty!  you should totally Insta your rad #Vanlyfe!  Someone so cool as you, your van, your piles of $$$ and super-hot girl!  #Vanspray

ooo touchy touchy - ever consider a life coach? lol

Tim Lutz · · Colo-Rado Springs · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 5
Dirty30 Dirty30 wrote:

ooo touchy touchy - ever consider a life coach? lol

I is a Vanlyfe coach brah!

advice: get a wide mouth bottle for those late night whiskey purges.  Mark it so you don't mistake it for one of your other beat-ass Oceanspray water bottles

drop trou at least 30 feet from your 'home'.  bury to make the roving poo-hounds work harder.   trowel only for dirt!!!

learn to enjoy the smell of you and your ulta-hot girl living in a space smaller than a gym sauna

that was free, lemme know if you wanna hire
Tim Lutz wrote:

I is a Vanlyfe coach brah!

advice: get a wide mouth bottle for those late night whiskey purges.  Mark it so you don't mistake it for one of your other beat-ass Oceanspray water bottles

drop trou at least 30 feet from your 'home'.  bury to make the roving poo-hounds work harder.   trowel only for dirt!!!

learn to enjoy the smell of you and your ulta-hot girl living in a space smaller than a gym sauna

that was free, lemme know if you wanna hire

First off - I take offense to this. I do not drink ocean spray. It is snapple or nothing.

Second - brah - a sweaty hot girlfriend is awesome. Going down on them is like opening a grilled cheese sandwich fresh out the pan!

Three - your gym sauna must be small. The van is 460sq feet. You clearly have never been to NYC

Fourth - I happen to like the smell of my own farts. You rip one, and you inhale too. Do not try to lie. Everyone likes their own brand.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Free Solo Movie"