Mountain Project Logo

Tahoe area partners October 13-28

Original Post
Santa Claus · · San Diego · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

I’m looking to climb around Tahoe October 13-28 on 10a and below routes. I’ve got a 70
Meter and full read and sport rack.

Jo Toller · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

I just got to Tahoe today, it's pretty cold out of the sun up here!

What is the temp in the sun during the middle of day?

Peter J · · Bishop · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 646

(At donner)
It's pretty nice in the sun. It has been very windy though, so it feels colder! In the shade (snowshed etc) you'll be climbing in a jacket with cold hands and wanting a puffy, hat, and belay gloves for the belays. It was cloudy one day this weekend too, so it was just cold all day!
the spires, the leap, etc. should be better, I think. Haven't been in a couple weeks though

Also, I'll be headed through on my way to the valley with my brother, just to show him around a lot of the classics in Tahoe. Depending, we could give you a few belays if we cross paths/you can't find anyone for a day. Trad climbing anything good between 5.6 and 5.11.

Ok thanks. I might just mountain bike if it’s cold hands weather 

I’m gonna be staying at the South Lake Tahoe hostel . Send your cell number to connect 

Kristie Miles · · Bishop, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 30

Hey there! Im also looking for a partner for this sat, and maybe sun am!
I was also thinking south lake since it'll be warmer. Shall we connect?

Alex Ander · · Sacramento · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 5

If anyone still needs a partner for Sunday, lemme know. I'm down to climb around slt, maybe the leap. Coming from Sac so it's an easy drive.
I might be able to climb monday too, just gotta play hooky esp if the weather's good  :)

Kristie Miles · · Bishop, CA · Joined Aug 2013 · Points: 30

I'm still looking for a partner for this Sat. oct 13! Anywhere in the Tahoe area, but warmer temps in South Lake.
I could also climb Sunday Oct 14, am until around 2pm. DM me if you're interested! 

JohnPadilla1218 Padilla · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 0

Anyone still need a partner for Sunday the 13th? I mostly boulder but I'm down for whatever!

mike again · · Ouray · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 47

I'm also looking for a partner for Donner or Lovers for Sunday 14th... Have gear, experience, wheels, etc. Looking to get on moderate trad. 

What about next week and through October 28?

Dalton Seat · · Fayetteville, AR · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 0

I'm in truckee, free to climb on 25th and until 3:30 on the 26th. I have a rope, some draws. Big chief is on my mind always

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern California
Post a Reply to "Tahoe area partners October 13-28"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started