Mountain Project Logo

Climbers political survey

Original Post
benlariv Lariviere · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 5

The survey has been closed.  Thank you to everyone who took it in good faith.  It seems like many people were upset that the word "political" was used in a mountain project post.  It was intentional that no opinions were expressed, I was not trying to persuade anyone of anything, just trying to get a feel for what we have in common as climbers.  Many people were helpful and civil, but it was a little surprising how even climbers feel the need to make lots of put-downs and personal attacks online.  Have fun climbing.  

Adam Ronchetti · · Madison, WI · Joined May 2011 · Points: 25

Is there some kind of free t-shirt involved with this survey?

Matt Himmelstein · · Orange, California · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 167

For what reason are you collecting the data?  Typically, you would disclose if this is for a school project or some other purpose.

Briggs Lazalde · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 0

Big bro is collecting data. Beware

Ashort · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 55

mmmm, i think I'll have pad thai for lunch

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 222

mountain project is not the right forum for your political survey. This is a place to talk about climbing not politics 

Unk Gh · · The world · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

You mean you are collecting information about American climbers and politics. You need to add boxes for non-American respondents or you are going to skew your data set. 

B. L. · · New York, NY · Joined May 2015 · Points: 54

How will the data be used? What is your motivation? Will you be profiting from this? What is your political affiliation? Will the results be made public? Just some unanswered questions that made me decide not to fill this in.

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

This is about to get dicey.

Everybody should poop now if they are able.

B K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0
master gumby wrote: mountain project is not the right forum for your political survey. This is a place to talk about climbing not politics 

This is 2018.  Everything MUST be political, and the only acceptable opinion is progressivism.  If you disagree, you are literally Hitler.

master gumby · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 222
B K wrote:

This is 2018.  Everything MUST be political, and the only acceptable opinion is progressivism.  If you disagree, you are literally Hitler.

good point. Is there a place for us simple non politcal folks to chat about important matters? Such as climbing? 

Fasten your seat belt folks and hold on, this thread is ready for lift off! 

Sean Post · · Laguna Beach, CA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 24

Don't @ me, but I think climbers are enthusiastic about protecting public lands.

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0
B K wrote:

If only that were true.

There's probably some good climbing near the Berghof.

beensandbagged · · smallest state · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 10
Micaiah . · · Drake, CO · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 5

At least it's a request from a community member,  not some random just joined for one post profile

Katie K · · Bozeman, MT · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

I'm not telling you anything until you fix your capitalization.

Eric Carlos · · depends · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 40

Politic -  Poly meaning many, and tick is a blood sucking parasite.  Yep, sounds about right on both sides of the isle.  

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 210

Yep.

Abandoned User · · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 6,680

While the OP may be a member of the community they never participate on the forums.

Fuck this shit I say. Keep your politics to yourself and off of the site.

Charles O · · Oklahoma City · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Death to Snu Snu!
But honestly. Leave politics out of the beautiful thing we call climbing. 

Charles O · · Oklahoma City · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 0

Also, am I the only one that took the survey in attempt to skew the results so as to be rendered completely useless? Lol. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Community Forum
Post a Reply to "Climbers political survey"