Mountain Project Logo

Best uninsulated bibs <$350

Original Post
Tyler Newcomb · · New York, New York | Boston · Joined Dec 2012 · Points: 81

My trusty shell I've been using for skiing tore at the end of last season, and I think it's time for a new one.

I'd like it to be bib style ideally, though It's not the biggest requirement. Must not be insulated and must have at least two zippered pockets. Some sort of waterproof breathable membrane is essential, but I'm not too picky on type.

What have you got?

Edit: the format of the Dead Bird Stinger Bib at l half the price is basically what I'm looking for. 

Dana Walters 1 · · Pacific Northwest · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 212

North Face Free Thinker or Brigandine Bibs if they fit you

Nonce One · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Marmot had the Alpinist bibs for closeout at $220-$250 in early Spring? I’d check their website and signup for email alerts and see if you can get a pair.

Other retailers may have them on closeout as well.

Before I bought the Marmots I was looking at a pair of bins that were for snowmobiles. Seemed very similar and they were hard shell, gortex, bibs, $140. Missed that deal though. However, cut for prolonged sitting.

Parker Wrozek · · Denver, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 86

If you can get a deal on TREW's Trewth bib they are awesome. They do a 1 day sale at some point.

E: Apparently EVO has them now? TREW was all about straight to consumer so kinda strange, they are $280 right now.

https://www.evo.com/shell-pants/trew-gear-trewth-bibs?image=138959/572421/trew-gear-trewth-bibs-ponderosa.jpg&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=GSC_Mens_Tech&pt_adgroup=PLA_Mens_Tech&gclid=CjwKCAjw54fdBRBbEiwAW28S9qVZkTblrW8Rg-ak0ROskHfRmclN5K1rLpTAN_GSQu1sRoOxYlIBsxoCKzMQAvD_BwE

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Climbing Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Best uninsulated bibs <$350"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started