Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

Booking a Group Campsite at City of Rocks

Original Post
Sean Sullivan · · Boise, ID · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 90

Hey all,

I'm planning on getting a group of friends together next year for a climbing trip to the city. There will probably be around fifteen of us, and I wanted to book the group site in the bread loaves.  Has anyone done this? If so, I have some questions:
1) Do you do it through reserve america...or somewhere else?
2) When can I make my reservation?
3) What is the rate?
4) I am also considering possibly renting a house. Anyone know anything about going that road?

Thanks for the help,

Sean

Rob T · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2006 · Points: 10

IIRC
1. No, I believe you have to call in
2. Reservations open 9 mos in advance
3. Around $40, I know it’s more than 2 sites, thought it was slightly less than 3
4. Castle rock has the bunk house. Others in Almo vary year to year. I know of 3 houses that have rented in the past, none of those were renting last I checked.  Almo outpost cabins might work too.

Edit to add, this was a good reminder to get on my reservation for next year. $25 reservation fee, $3/head/night, $36 nightly minimum. 

Brian in SLC · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Oct 2003 · Points: 14,423
Sean Sullivan wrote: 
1) Do you do it through reserve america...or somewhere else?
2) When can I make my reservation?
3) What is the rate?
4) I am also considering possibly renting a house. Anyone know anything about going that road?

Thanks for the help,

Sean

1)  Yes.

2)  Any time 48 hours to 9 months in advance on your intended stay.

3)  Its on their site.  Depends on what you reserve (cabin, yurt, campsite, bunkhouse).

4)  Its awesome.  The Ranch House at the base of the Castle is a sweet gig.  Also might be some local B&B's and there's a hotel in town too.
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Booking a Group Campsite at City of Rocks"
in the Northern Utah & Idaho