Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
Mountain Project Logo

FS: MHW powerstretch tops, Salewa Hat AND A BUNCH OF VINTAGE CLIMBING GEAR

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
climbskihike · · Bay Area, CA · Joined May 2011 · Points: 250

Shipping is $7 flat rate but negotiable if you buy enough to make it worthwhile.

2 Mountain Hardwear Polartec Powerstretch fleece pullovers, both size Large (but I typically wear Mediums and these fit closer to M or M/L). The red one is a bit lighter weight - good for running, climbing, etc and fits a bit slimmer - more like a typical medium. The Blue one is a bit heavier weight/warmer and has a more regular fit, kind of between a typical M/L Good weight for skiing or running/climbing in colder weather. The blue one has thumbholes, and a high collar the red one has no thumbholes and the collar is a bit shorter but it has a pocket on the upper left shoulder.  Both have pretty extensive pilling from going through the laundry with a load of towels a while back. They are still fully functional, comfortable, and warm. $20 each or both for $35

Salewa Hat
NWOT, quality hat
$5 with purchase of at least $20 of other stuff. Free with purchase of $40 or more.

Also, a bunch of vintage climbing gear for sale. Some of it looks unused, most of it is pretty old but seems to be well cared for. I haven't used any of it myself and don't know the history other than a guy who was a climber gave it all to a friend in a big duffel bag after he stopped climbing.

Some of this belongs in a museum, some of it I would not hesitate to use myself - definitely use your own judgement! slings on cams should be replaced for sure.

2 Climb High Cams (red and yellow) - $15 each
2 older BD camalots with U-stems (green and red) - $10 each
Arcteryx Chalk bag SOLD
2 Black Diamond 5-step aiders (look unused but are probably at least 5 years old) - $25 for the pair
5 ancient quickdraws with oval biners -  SOLD
original style ATC and figure 8 - SOLD
a few older D style biners - $2 each
Nut Tool - SOLD
Fifi Hook for aid climbing - $5
6 Hexes on cordage SOLD
5 Stoppers on cordage SOLD
A16 rope Bag (definitely old school) - SOLD
Edelrid Harness (maybe 90's vintage? Definitely not safe for climbing) $5
Strawberry Mountain Swami Belt (this is a relic for sure!) - Priceless!
Webbing and sewn runners (definitely too old to use for climbing but may have other uses) - Free with purchase if it fits in the box/packing envelope

T-rack · · Merced, CA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 185

pm'd

A bunch of climbing gear added!

Added some powerstretch tops

Hexes, Nuts, and nut tool are SOLD.
Will do $60 for all 4 cams ($15 each) OBO.

Flannel shirt and Bushido's are now SOLD thanks

Tony G · · Dallas, TX · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Sent you a message

Quickdraws, ovals, and rope bag are SOLD - thanks Tony!

Tony G · · Dallas, TX · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Items arrived yesterday and look great, thanks again!

Jacqueline Essig · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Interested in the cams! Can you tell me more about them? How old, is is a sacrilege to break them to make stuff, etc?

Jacqueline Essig · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2018 · Points: 0

Pmed

Jacqueline - unfortunately I do not know how old the cams are or anything about their history, but they appear to be well taken care of. The camalots are both pretty old designs so I would guess they are 20 years old or more. The other two may be more recent but they are still likely close to 20 years old. The nylon slings are definitely too old to use and I would personally not use these cams for climbing given their age and unknown history. I priced them low because they are old and may not be safe to climb on, so yes I think repurposing them would be a great idea actually. I'm curious what you are thinking of making with them?

Bump - make offers if you don't like the prices listed. Willing to make a deal if you buy a bunch of stuff. Thanks!

Chalkbag, figure 8 and ATC are SOLD...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

FOR SALE / FOR FREE / WANT TO BUY
Post a Reply to "FS: MHW powerstretch tops, Salewa Hat AND A BUN…"