Mountain Project Logo

Video: Climbing in Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, and Montana.

Original Post
Kyle Love · · Seattle, WA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 2,321

Jake and I recently went on a road trip this summer, and spent most of the time climbing in the many different states that we visited.

And even though I had a broken leg, I couldn't help myself from getting on the rocks...

Enjoy!

Andrew Rational · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 10

Good job editing out the “Midwest” in the title, but perhaps you should over dub it in the intro.

@Andrew Rational You're totally right... We thought about saying Rocky Mountains, but that's also misleading, and we couldn't think of a better term for the states we visited... Oh well hahahaha

I guess we're in the lower 10% lmao
Andrew Rational · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 10

The US Census Bureau defines all but SD as the “Mountain West”. I’m personally kind of on the fence about the Dakotas. 

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374

Nice again, guys! Hope the leg is about there, or you at least had fun just before ya broke it.

When I saw Idaho on there, I thought perhaps you'd get to the Channels. I might be going to Dierkes (first trip) to do their boulderfest in a few weeks, so that was fun to see, anyway!

It turns out I rather enjoy bouldering. I just started, now and then, this  year. With an armory of pads and guys who get that my crux is getting off the thing, it's fun! And you are so right about the people! Best part of climbing!

Thanks much! OLH

@Andrew Rational Oooooooo "Mountain West" I rather like that.

@Old lady H That's awesome, Dierkes was fun! We didn't know about the Channels, we'll have to keep that in mind!

Old lady H · · Boise, ID · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 1,374
Kyle Love wrote: @Andrew Rational Oooooooo "Mountain West" I rather like that.

@Old lady H That's awesome, Dierkes was fun! We didn't know about the Channels, we'll have to keep that in mind!

Ah! Really unique rock, with an unusual season....it's under moving water part of the year! It's very beautiful, water sculpted basalt.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

General Climbing
Post a Reply to "Video: Climbing in Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, So…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started